websocket compatibility

Mandeep Sarma
 Hi;
I was wondering if anyone can confirm or suggest how I can confirm if
Apache Flex's websocket binary protocol is compatible with ActiveMQ
websocket Stomp protocol.

We're in the process of converting a Flex app and replacing the use of Red5
media server for bi-directional data updates with a Java on Tomcat backend.
We are considering using ActiveMQ to broker data between the UI and Java
backend. If Flex and ActiveMQ websocket protocols are compatible it would
make the transition easier.

Thank you,
Mandeep

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: websocket compatibility

jbertram
Stomp is a specific (and mainly text-oriented) wire format.  Websockets are
a way that clients can connect to the broker.  A client may be able to
speak Stomp but not use websockets and vice-versa.  Does the Flex client
speak Stomp over websocket or does it use some other kind of protocol over
websocket?  If the former is true then I would expect them to be
compatible.  If the latter is true then I wouldn't expect them to be
compatible.

Justin

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 3:13 PM, Mandeep Sarma <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hi;
> I was wondering if anyone can confirm or suggest how I can confirm if
> Apache Flex's websocket binary protocol is compatible with ActiveMQ
> websocket Stomp protocol.
>
> We're in the process of converting a Flex app and replacing the use of Red5
> media server for bi-directional data updates with a Java on Tomcat backend.
> We are considering using ActiveMQ to broker data between the UI and Java
> backend. If Flex and ActiveMQ websocket protocols are compatible it would
> make the transition easier.
>
> Thank you,
> Mandeep
>

> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&
> utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
> Virus-free.
> www.avg.com
> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&
> utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>

Re: websocket compatibility

Tim Bain
The phrase "binary protocol" in the question makes me guess that the answer
will turn out to be that they are not compatible, since STOMP is an ASCII
text protocol.

Tim