the messages pending in queue and the consumer couldn't get the message, hanging.

the messages pending in queue and the consumer couldn't get the message, hanging.

DepestBlue
Hi all,

I experienced something strange during the test on AMQ V56:
there are 3 mesages pending in the queue, but the consumer is hanging on the recv() method and no message retrieved!

The attachment is the queue attributes information.
Could anybody give me the clue? It would be much appreciated if any suggestions!

thanks a lot,
Zhuran Li

Re: the messages pending in queue and the consumer couldn't get the message, hanging.

gtully
Is there more than one consumer that may have this message in its
prefetch buffer?

http://activemq.apache.org/what-is-the-prefetch-limit-for.html

You can check the for inflight > 0 in the destination jmx view of the
broker via jconsole

If you can reproduce it would be great to understand the steps that
lead to this scenario.

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com