stompclient: new python stomp client

Hans Lellelid
Hi folks,

I've created a new python stomp client, called simply (maybe presumptuously) "stompclient":

http://bitbucket.org/hozn/stompclient/

This project is still very young, but I've started doing example work with it, have a basic test suite in place, and intend to put a version of this into more extensive production in the near future.  This version takes some inspiration (and code, w/ attribution) from existing projects such as stomper and stompy (and CoilMQ).  Also takes some design cues from the python Redis client.  I decided to make another client, since I've been in need of a few features/qualities that I hadn't found in existing options:
- connection pooling (with option for thread-safe connections)
- a publish-only client for fire-and-forget situations (like web apps that push messages to topics but don't need to subscribe to anything)
- non-magical, blocking listener loop design that could be extended to use pools of worker threads for message processing, etc.
- more/better documentation
- more/better tests -- still in-progress, of course :)

I also expanded the Frame classes, so that there are easy-to-use classes for all STOMP client & server frame types.  I updated the CoilMQ broker to use stompclient for its frame classes.

I'd be grateful if someone could add it to the list of Python clients on the website.

Thanks,
Hans

Re: stompclient: new python stomp client

Hans Lellelid
Sorry, the link source appears to have had an extra character appended.  Should have been:

http://bitbucket.org/hozn/stompclient/

-Hans

On 10/30/2010 08:21 PM, Hans Lellelid wrote:
[...]

Hans

Re: stompclient: new python stomp client

Brian McCallister
Sweet, thank you!