stomp rollback

jzhang1
stomp guru,

I use stomp to connect ActiveMQ. I am curious whether stomp provide backout.

all enqueue and dequeue functions calls that have occurred since the last syncpoint are to be backed out. Messages put as part of a unit of work are deleted; messages retrieved as part of a unit of work are reinstated on the queue.

I call stomp "abort",  sleep seconds, then call receive. But i can not receive the backout messages unless I restart stomp connection.

Thanks

Re: stomp rollback

Brian McCallister
On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 7:20 PM, jzhang1 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> stomp guru,
>
> I use stomp to connect ActiveMQ. I am curious whether stomp provide backout.
>
> all enqueue and dequeue functions calls that have occurred since the last
> syncpoint are to be backed out. Messages put as part of a unit of work are
> deleted; messages retrieved as part of a unit of work are reinstated on the
> queue.
>
> I call stomp "abort",  sleep seconds, then call receive. But i can not
> receive the backout messages unless I restart stomp connection.

IIRC this is an old bug in ActiveMQ --- which version are you using?

> Thanks

Re: stomp rollback

jzhang1
I am using apache-activemq-5.2.0.

Brian McCallister wrote
On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 7:20 PM, jzhang1 <jian.zhang@etrade.com> wrote:

> stomp guru,
>
> I use stomp to connect ActiveMQ. I am curious whether stomp provide backout.
>
> all enqueue and dequeue functions calls that have occurred since the last
> syncpoint are to be backed out. Messages put as part of a unit of work are
> deleted; messages retrieved as part of a unit of work are reinstated on the
> queue.
>
> I call stomp "abort",  sleep seconds, then call receive. But i can not
> receive the backout messages unless I restart stomp connection.

IIRC this is an old bug in ActiveMQ --- which version are you using?

> Thanks

Re: stomp rollback

Brian McCallister
On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 12:13 PM, jzhang1 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am using apache-activemq-5.2.0.

Certainly should be fixed there. I'd ask on the [hidden email] list

-Brian

> Brian McCallister wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 7:20 PM, jzhang1 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> stomp guru,
>>>
>>> I use stomp to connect ActiveMQ. I am curious whether stomp provide
>>> backout.
>>>
>>> all enqueue and dequeue functions calls that have occurred since the last
>>> syncpoint are to be backed out. Messages put as part of a unit of work
>>> are
>>> deleted; messages retrieved as part of a unit of work are reinstated on
>>> the
>>> queue.
>>>
>>> I call stomp "abort",  sleep seconds, then call receive. But i can not
>>> receive the backout messages unless I restart stomp connection.
>>
>> IIRC this is an old bug in ActiveMQ --- which version are you using?
>>

>>> Thanks

Re: stomp rollback

dejanb
Hi,

there have been some fixes in this area (transaction aborting) for the 5.3, so may want to try 5.3-SNAPSHOT and see if it works for you

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.3-SNAPSHOT/

I've also documented it a bit (with a working example), so take a look at

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/How+do+I+unack+the+message+with+Stomp

Cheers
--
Dejan Bosanac

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 10:42 PM, Brian McCallister <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 12:13 PM, jzhang1 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am using apache-activemq-5.2.0.

Certainly should be fixed there. I'd ask on the [hidden email] list

-Brian

> Brian McCallister wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 7:20 PM, jzhang1 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> stomp guru,
>>>
>>> I use stomp to connect ActiveMQ. I am curious whether stomp provide
>>> backout.
>>>
>>> all enqueue and dequeue functions calls that have occurred since the last
>>> syncpoint are to be backed out. Messages put as part of a unit of work
>>> are
>>> deleted; messages retrieved as part of a unit of work are reinstated on
>>> the
>>> queue.
>>>
>>> I call stomp "abort",  sleep seconds, then call receive. But i can not
>>> receive the backout messages unless I restart stomp connection.
>>
>> IIRC this is an old bug in ActiveMQ --- which version are you using?
>>

>>> Thanks

Re: stomp rollback

jzhang1
 i uploaded the sample code.  It is using stomp calls from https://svn.codehaus.org/stomp/trunk/c/.  but could not receive pending aborted messages unless re-connect.

Brian McCallister wrote
On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 12:13 PM, jzhang1 <jian.zhang@etrade.com> wrote:
>sub
> I am using apache-activemq-5.2.0.

Certainly should be fixed there. I'd ask on the dev@activemq.apache.org list

-Brian

> Brian McCallister wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 7:20 PM, jzhang1 <jian.zhang@etrade.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> stomp guru,
>>>
>>> I use stomp to connect ActiveMQ. I am curious whether stomp provide
>>> backout.
>>>
>>> all enqueue and dequeue functions calls that have occurred since the last
>>> syncpoint are to be backed out. Messages put as part of a unit of work
>>> are
>>> deleted; messages retrieved as part of a unit of work are reinstated on
>>> the
>>> queue.
>>>
>>> I call stomp "abort",  sleep seconds, then call receive. But i can not
>>> receive the backout messages unless I restart stomp connection.
>>
>> IIRC this is an old bug in ActiveMQ --- which version are you using?
>>

>>> Thanks

Re: stomp rollback

jzhang1
upload again. file sub.c

jzhang1 wrote
 i uploaded the sample code.  It is using stomp calls from https://svn.codehaus.org/stomp/trunk/c/.  but could not receive pending aborted messages unless re-connect.

Brian McCallister wrote
On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 12:13 PM, jzhang1 <jian.zhang@etrade.com> wrote:
>sub
> I am using apache-activemq-5.2.0.

Certainly should be fixed there. I'd ask on the dev@activemq.apache.org list

-Brian

> Brian McCallister wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 7:20 PM, jzhang1 <jian.zhang@etrade.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> stomp guru,
>>>
>>> I use stomp to connect ActiveMQ. I am curious whether stomp provide
>>> backout.
>>>
>>> all enqueue and dequeue functions calls that have occurred since the last
>>> syncpoint are to be backed out. Messages put as part of a unit of work
>>> are
>>> deleted; messages retrieved as part of a unit of work are reinstated on
>>> the
>>> queue.
>>>
>>> I call stomp "abort",  sleep seconds, then call receive. But i can not
>>> receive the backout messages unless I restart stomp connection.
>>
>> IIRC this is an old bug in ActiveMQ --- which version are you using?
>>

>>> Thanks

sub.c

Re: stomp rollback

dejanb
Hi,

it seems that acking a message before a commit still creates this problem. I just reopened the original issue for this https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1807.

Until it's fixed, try removing an ack of the message you want to abort and it should be working fine.

Cheers
--
Dejan Bosanac

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 9:15 PM, jzhang1 <[hidden email]> wrote:

upload again. file sub.c

http://www.nabble.com/file/p22065418/sub.c sub.c