stomp in activemq 4.0rc2 and offline subscribers

stomp in activemq 4.0rc2 and offline subscribers

Bill Welliver
I've got an odd problem that doesn't make much sense to me:

I've got an activemq 4.0rc2 broker up and running, and i've got a producer
(the example producer, actually), and a consumer, which is running a stomp
client of my own devising.

If I have my consumer up and running, and I produce some messages, the
client consumes them without any problem. If I stop and restart the
consumer, no problems, the messages get delivered once and only once.

If I don't have the consumer running when the producer creates some
messages and I start the consuemr up, I get the messages at that time.
That's when things get wierd... if I stop the consumer and restart it, I
get all of the messages over again, except the first one. Even if I stop
and start my consumer, I still get those same (9 in the case of the
example, which produces 10) messages.

Is there something messed up with the stomp implimentation in activemq, or
have I missed something somewhere? I'm not using acks, so this behavior
has me baffled.

Best,

Bill

Re: stomp in activemq 4.0rc2 and offline subscribers

chirino
RC2 did have some message ack problems with the stomp connector.
Try with the latest release candidate:

http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0/

Regards,
Hiram

Hiram

Re: stomp in activemq 4.0rc2 and offline subscribers

Bill Welliver
Thanks, Hiram... I'll give it a try.

Best,

Bill

On Wed, 10 May 2006, Hiram Chirino wrote:

> RC2 did have some message ack problems with the stomp connector.
> Try with the latest release candidate:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0/
>
> Regards,
> Hiram

Re: stomp in activemq 4.0rc2 and offline subscribers

Bill Welliver
Well, I tried using the incubator version, and the behavior is about the
same. I'm disinclined to believe it's a problem with my implimentation of
the protocol, as it works just fine if my consumer is connected via stomp
when the messages come in, and acknowledgement is set to auto. Is there
something else I might be missing?