setPersistenceFactory() on BrokerService

setPersistenceFactory() on BrokerService

ErinO
Hi,

We have our own implementation for PersistenceAdapterFactory interface, but couldn't be able to use it through BrokerService, in BrokerService class the setPersistenceFactory() method takes a DefaultPersistenceAdapterFactory as in parameter rather than PersistenceAdapterFactory interface. Should it take a interface as in parameter instead?

We could workaround the problem by deriving our class from DefaultPersistenceAdapterFactory, but in DefaultPersistenceAdapterFactory, all the member variables are private, we cannot reuse them, we have to redeclare them again in our implementation in order to use them (say journal stuff), which doesn't look pretty.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Erin
Thanks.

Erin

Re: setPersistenceFactory() on BrokerService

James Strachan-2
On 4/3/06, ErinO <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have our own implementation for PersistenceAdapterFactory interface,

Cool! Just out of interest - what does it do? (Am just nosey, you
don't have to answer that :)

> couldn't be able to use it through BrokerService, in BrokerService class the
> setPersistenceFactory() method takes a DefaultPersistenceAdapterFactory as
> in parameter rather than PersistenceAdapterFactory interface. Should it take
> a interface as in parameter instead?

I've just patched SVN HEAD to fix this; you can now configure any
implementation of PersistenceAdapterFactory (it was an oversight).

--

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: setPersistenceFactory() on BrokerService

ErinO
Thank you very much.

We have our own proprietary system for message persistence, the DefaultPersistenceAdapterFactory won't do, so we have to write our own, but it will use Journal too for performance.

Thanks.

Erin