seeking advice on efficient use of resources

seeking advice on efficient use of resources

Steve
Hello,

I am relatively new to ActiveMQ but have read a fair amount about it now.  I still have questions however regarding how to efficiently use various resources:

1 - If one's application expects relatively light communication between it and the message broker, is it fine to use a single Connection for the entire application?  At what point does communication load become heavy enough for multiple Connections to be warranted?  Is there a rule of thumb on this or is it entirely a trial-and-error situation?

2 - Is it recommended to create a different Session object for each different MessageProducer and for each different MessageConsumer that the application uses?  If not, what is the recommended pattern here?

3 - Is there a Thread that gets created each time a Session is created?  If so, what is it used for exactly?

4 - How does one create a PooledSession?  I assume that the advantage of using a PooledSession is that it avoids sending a notice to the broker when each time new Session is created, and avoids creating a new Thread over an over.  Is this correct?

5 - How does one create a PooledProducer?  I assume that the advantage of using a PooledProducer is that it avoids sending a notice to the broker each time a new MessageProducer is created.  Is this correct?

Thanks in advance,
Steve