"PageFile is not loaded" rebooting AMQ every few days

"PageFile is not loaded" rebooting AMQ every few days

Haris
Hi everyone!

So, this has happened a few times already: ActiveMQ reboots itself. What I can see in the logs is something like following:

2017-05-25 13:52:21,227 | ERROR | Checkpoint failed | org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MessageDatabase | ActiveMQ Journal Checkpoint Worker
java.lang.IllegalStateException: PageFile is not loaded
 at org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.disk.page.PageFile.assertLoaded(PageFile.java:811)[activemq-kahadb-store-5.14.1.jar:5.14.1]
 at org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.disk.page.PageFile.tx(PageFile.java:304)[activemq-kahadb-store-5.14.1.jar:5.14.1]
 at org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MessageDatabase.checkpointUpdate(MessageDatabase.java:1689)[activemq-kahadb-store-5.14.1.jar:5.14.1]
 at org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MessageDatabase.checkpointCleanup(MessageDatabase.java:1061)[activemq-kahadb-store-5.14.1.jar:5.14.1]
 at org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MessageDatabase$CheckpointRunner.run(MessageDatabase.java:424)[activemq-kahadb-store-5.14.1.jar:5.14.1]
 at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)[:1.8.0_45]
 at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)[:1.8.0_45]
 at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)[:1.8.0_45]
 at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)[:1.8.0_45]
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)[:1.8.0_45]
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)[:1.8.0_45]
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_45]
2017-05-25 13:52:21,228 | INFO | Stopping BrokerService[localhost] due to exception, java.io.IOException: PageFile is not loaded | org.apache.activemq.util.DefaultIOExceptionHandler | ActiveMQ Journal Checkpoint Worker
java.io.IOException: PageFile is not loaded

I am almost certain this is not enough to find the cause of it.: ) Hence, I would be thankful if someone could point to towards places where I can additional info.

Thanks,

Haris

Re: "PageFile is not loaded" rebooting AMQ every few days

Tim Bain
Unfortunately, I think the best path forward here is to submit a bug in
JIRA even though the information isn't enough to find a root cause. This
stack trace is new (no search results in Google other than your post), so
it's a new issue, and hopefully the developers will be able to solicit
more/better information via the JIRA bug than what you got here (i.e. no
response).

Tim

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 4:33 AM, Haris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> So, this has happened a few times already: ActiveMQ reboots itself. What I
> can see in the logs is something like following:
>

> I am almost certain this is not enough to find the cause of it.: ) Hence, I
> would be thankful if someone could point to towards places where I can
> additional info.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Haris

Re: "PageFile is not loaded" rebooting AMQ every few days

Haris
Good advice.: ) For the future generations, the JIRA ticket is AMQ-6769. Let us see how far we can get.