question about the c++ code

djencks
I know virtually nothing about C++ but noticed this when scanning
through the C++ port of the jms framework, and it looked odd to me:

In ActiveMQConnectionFactory.cpp I see this constructor:

ActiveMQConnectionFactory::ActiveMQConnectionFactory( const char*
userName,
        const char* password,
        const char* brokerUrl ) throw( CMSException )
{
        this->userName = userName;
        this->password = password;

     brokerUrl = brokerUrl;

     transportFactory = new
activemq::transport::stomp::StompTransportFactory();
}

I'd expect the 3rd assignment to be

this->broketUrl = brokerUrl;

If the code as written is correct, could someone explain to me how
UserName and password are different from brokerUrl?

thanks
david jencks

Re: question about the c++ code

Christopher G. Stach II
David Jencks wrote:

> I know virtually nothing about C++ but noticed this when scanning
> through the C++ port of the jms framework, and it looked odd to me:
>
> In ActiveMQConnectionFactory.cpp I see this constructor:
>
> ActiveMQConnectionFactory::ActiveMQConnectionFactory( const char* userName,
>     const char* password,
>     const char* brokerUrl ) throw( CMSException )
> {
>     this->userName = userName;
>     this->password = password;
>
>     brokerUrl = brokerUrl;
>
>     transportFactory = new
> activemq::transport::stomp::StompTransportFactory();
> }
>

> I'd expect the 3rd assignment to be
>
> this->broketUrl = brokerUrl;
>
> If the code as written is correct, could someone explain to me how
> UserName and password are different from brokerUrl?
>
> thanks
> david jencks

The local variable is preferred in scope, so this->brokerUrl would never
be set.

Christopher G. Stach II
708-721-5114

Re: question about the c++ code

nmittler
Definitely a bug - good find :-)

James, it's just a one-liner change in
cms/activemqcms/src/activemq/ActiveMQConnectionFactory.cpp ... how should I
proceed for submittal?  Do you want to capture the issue in Jira?

Regards,
Nate