question about dataDirectory in <broker> config

question about dataDirectory in <broker> config

ceposta
I became curious about the <broker dataDirectory=""/> config attribute and began reviewing the source for how it differs from the locations specified in the individual persistence adapters (KahaDB, AMQ, etc). I couldn't see how the attribute specified in the broker config relates (at all) to the location where the persistence adapters store their journal/index files. The best I could find is that the BrokerView (for JMX) and the StatisticsBroker seemed to make it available for display, but nothing else. Is that correct?

The source-level documentation states "Sets the directory in which the data files will be stored by default for  the JDBC and Journal persistence adaptors."

Might this be out of date?

Re: question about dataDirectory in <broker> config

gtully
it is used as a fallback:
1) when there is no directory explicitly set on a persistence adapter
or when no persistence adapter is set at all.
2) by the schedular store
3) by the temp store

If it is not set, it defaults to: activemq-data with a possible prefix
supplied by the system property:
org.apache.activemq.default.directory.prefix

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: question about dataDirectory in <broker> config

ceposta
Thanks Gary.
I was looking for references to "getDataDirectoryFile()" in BrokerService when I should have been looking for usages of "getBrokerDataDirectory()" and completely overlooked that the latter actually uses the former...