question about activemqCPP compatability

question about activemqCPP compatability

jeffrey
I was wondering, is ActiveMQCPP a gerenic product that can be used with any JMS compiant message broker or are there specific additions to ActiveMQ to allow it to work?

If we decide to use ActiveMQ now and write an application with ActiveMQCPP to also use the broker, will we be able to easily port that applicaton to a different broker if we decide to change in the future?

Is there any value is wrapping the ActiveMQCPP API for our usage, seperating it from the application so that any future changes to the API or the broker can be implemented without change to the core of the application?

Thanks in advance

Re: question about activemqCPP compatability

jeffrey
Trying to reply to get my post accepted by the mailing list. I'm not sure why it hasn't been already.

jeffrey wrote
I was wondering, is ActiveMQCPP a gerenic product that can be used with any JMS compiant message broker or are there specific additions to ActiveMQ to allow it to work?

If we decide to use ActiveMQ now and write an application with ActiveMQCPP to also use the broker, will we be able to easily port that applicaton to a different broker if we decide to change in the future?

Is there any value is wrapping the ActiveMQCPP API for our usage, seperating it from the application so that any future changes to the API or the broker can be implemented without change to the core of the application?

Thanks in advance

Re: question about activemqCPP compatability

tabish121@gmail.com
On 08/16/2015 09:05 PM, jeffrey wrote:
> Trying to reply to get my post accepted by the mailing list. I'm not sure why
> it hasn't been already.
>

> jeffrey wrote
>> I was wondering, is ActiveMQCPP a gerenic product that can be used with
>> any JMS compiant message broker or are there specific additions to
>> ActiveMQ to allow it to work?
ActiveMQ-CPP is a client that can speak the OpenWire protocol which is
used by ActiveMQ, if you want to switch to some other broker later on
then you'd need to use a client compatible with that broker.

>> If we decide to use ActiveMQ now and write an application with ActiveMQCPP
>> to also use the broker, will we be able to easily port that applicaton to
>> a different broker if we decide to change in the future?
Depends on how you write your application

>> Is there any value is wrapping the ActiveMQCPP API for our usage,
>> seperating it from the application so that any future changes to the API
>> or the broker can be implemented without change to the core of the
>> application?
Only you can determine the value in wrapping the client based on your
application needs and future plans.

>> Thanks in advance

Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
[hidden email] | www.redhat.com