overhead of delayed messages? what data structure does it use? would 1M kill it?

overhead of delayed messages? what data structure does it use? would 1M kill it?

Kevin Burton
What data structure does ActiveMQ use for delayed messages.

I think this is exactly what I need, but it could be easy for us to
accidentally enqueue 1M delayed messages.

and if our throughput falls of in that situation then the total overall
system throughput will fail.

One idea is to have a whole separate queue for items that are delayed.
 This way items that can be schedule right away, don't have to be inserted
into a queue with 1M items.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Corporations are
people.

Re: overhead of delayed messages? what data structure does it use? would 1M kill it?

ceposta
Could you use a throttling EIP?
http://camel.apache.org/throttler.html

Delayed messages are handled by ActiveMQ scheduling plugin:
http://activemq.apache.org/delay-and-schedule-message-delivery.html

--
*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog