openwire protocol

Motl
Hi,

Is there any specification for openwire protocol? (I mean network protocol, i.e. header fields, body, byte order etc).
Where can I get it?

Thanks in advance.

Re: openwire protocol

chirino
Hi Motl,

We have not yet put together a formal specification for it.  But I
guess it should be done, we are looking for a volunteer :)

What we have are code generators that will generate the openwire
marshallers for a few different languages.  I did lots of working in
putting those generators together and would be happy to help you
document if you want, but I'm a bit busy to do it by myself.

On 12/28/06, Motl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any specification for openwire protocol? (I mean network protocol,
> i.e. header fields, body, byte order etc).
> Where can I get it?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: openwire protocol

Motl
Thank you for fast response.
Really, I'm not looking for code generators, but more for some simple (might be incomplete) description of openwire network protocol.
If I had one, I'd like to write an ethereal sniffer plugin for the protocol in future, that could ease significantly development process.

Hiram Chirino wrote

On 12/28/06, Motl <motl@orcsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any specification for openwire protocol? (I mean network protocol,
> i.e. header fields, body, byte order etc).
> Where can I get it?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: openwire protocol

chirino
Hi Motl,

I've started documenting more OpenWire protocol details here:

http://goopen.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/OpenWire

I'll try to add more as I get time but please ping me if something
needs clarification.

On 12/28/06, Motl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you for fast response.
> Really, I'm not looking for code generators, but more for some simple (might
> be incomplete) description of openwire network protocol.
> If I had one, I'd like to write an ethereal sniffer plugin for the protocol
> in future, that could ease significantly development process.
>

> Hiram Chirino wrote:
> >
> > Hi Motl,
> >
> > We have not yet put together a formal specification for it.  But I
> > guess it should be done, we are looking for a volunteer :)
> >
> > What we have are code generators that will generate the openwire
> > marshallers for a few different languages.  I did lots of working in
> > putting those generators together and would be happy to help you
> > document if you want, but I'm a bit busy to do it by myself.
> >

> > On 12/28/06, Motl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Is there any specification for openwire protocol? (I mean network
> >> protocol,
> >> i.e. header fields, body, byte order etc).
> >> Where can I get it?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance.
> >> --

> > Regards,