nms C# createSharedDurableConsumer

dotnetuser
Hi!
missing method
createSharedDurableConsumer
By default, queues are created with maxconsumers = 1 (createDurableConsumer)

Re: nms C# createSharedDurableConsumer

Havret
Hi!

This method is not the part of JMS 1.0 spec and as such we cannot add it.
It was introduced in JMS 2.0.

Thanks,
Krzysztof

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 9:01 PM dotnetuser <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi!
> missing method
> createSharedDurableConsumer
> By default, queues are created with maxconsumers = 1
> (createDurableConsumer)
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Dev-f2368404.html

Re: nms C# createSharedDurableConsumer

clebertsuconic
Question Just to my education:

NMs is based on JMS. But it’s not JMS. (Not even java)

So why can’t you be based and add it ?

Notice that I’m not requesting you to do it. I’m Just trying to understand
it.

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 3:33 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> This method is not the part of JMS 1.0 spec and as such we cannot add it.
> It was introduced in JMS 2.0.
>
> Thanks,
> Krzysztof
>
> On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 9:01 PM dotnetuser <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > missing method
> > createSharedDurableConsumer
> > By default, queues are created with maxconsumers = 1
> > (createDurableConsumer)
> >

> > --
> > Sent from:
> > http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Dev-f2368404.html

Re: nms C# createSharedDurableConsumer

Havret
Hi Clebert!

For sure that's the ultimate goal. But to do so we need to implement it as
a part of migration to NMS 2.0. And this requires changes to the API lib
which haven't been touched for a while.

Krzysztof

On Thu, Dec 26, 2019, 04:58 Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Question Just to my education:
>
> NMs is based on JMS. But it’s not JMS. (Not even java)
>

> So why can’t you be based and add it ?
>

> Notice that I’m not requesting you to do it. I’m Just trying to understand
> it.
>
> On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 3:33 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > This method is not the part of JMS 1.0 spec and as such we cannot add it.
> > It was introduced in JMS 2.0.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Krzysztof
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 9:01 PM dotnetuser <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi!
> > > missing method
> > > createSharedDurableConsumer
> > > By default, queues are created with maxconsumers = 1
> > > (createDurableConsumer)
> > >

> > > --
> > > Sent from:
> > > http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Dev-f2368404.html

> Clebert Suconic

Re: nms C# createSharedDurableConsumer

clebertsuconic
I see.   Thanks.

Happy new year then :)

On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 3:21 AM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Clebert!
>
> For sure that's the ultimate goal. But to do so we need to implement it as
> a part of migration to NMS 2.0. And this requires changes to the API lib
> which haven't been touched for a while.
>
> Krzysztof
>
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2019, 04:58 Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Question Just to my education:
> >
> > NMs is based on JMS. But it’s not JMS. (Not even java)
> >

> > So why can’t you be based and add it ?
> >

> > Notice that I’m not requesting you to do it. I’m Just trying to
> understand
> > it.
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 3:33 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > This method is not the part of JMS 1.0 spec and as such we cannot add
> it.
> > > It was introduced in JMS 2.0.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Krzysztof

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic

Re: nms C# createSharedDurableConsumer

dotnetuser
This post was updated on .
Hi to all!

It seems to me that the current implementation has a big problem with
extensibility without changing internal methods. NMS is an AQMP wrapper.
Moreover, almost all native methods are asynchronous inside, but wrapper is sync, which is not very convenient for the dotnet environment.

Re: nms C# createSharedDurableConsumer

Havret
Yes, you are right. And as one of the authors of this implementation, I
share your feelings. That's why I started experimenting with something more
.NET friendly. The idea is to create fully asynchronous ActiveMQ (Artemis)
.NET client without all these NMS/JMS constraints and baggage. Sth like we
have for RabbitMQ.

On the other hand, however, NMS/JMS is a proven concept that should live up
to most of your expectations. If you want sth fully customizable you can
try to use AmqpNetLite directly