new to ActiveMq - is JDBC only the backend storage option ?

new to ActiveMq - is JDBC only the backend storage option ?

uraees
New to ActiveMq and trying to learn - is JDBC only the back-end storage
option ? our firm mostly encourages to use a SAN file based back-end storage
if possible; is that option available for this product ?  and is there any
performance implications vs JDBC storage!.

Also does the product need to be deployed in an app server ? or does it has
a stand alone run-time  ?

thanks
Raees

Re: new to ActiveMq - is JDBC only the backend storage option ?

cschneider
The default storage backend is kahadb. Kahadb works with simple files. So
it is suitable for a SAN. Make sure though that the SAN provides a good
shared file lock. This is required for master  / slave mode.

JDBC is typically a lot slower than kahadb. So I would rather not use jdbc.

Christian

> New to ActiveMq and trying to learn - is JDBC only the back-end storage
> option ? our firm mostly encourages to use a SAN file based back-end
> storage
> if possible; is that option available for this product ?  and is there any
> performance implications vs JDBC storage!.
>
> Also does the product need to be deployed in an app server ? or does it has
> a stand alone run-time  ?
>
> thanks
> Raees

> f2341805.html

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Computer Scientist
http://www.adobe.com

Re: new to ActiveMq - is JDBC only the backend storage option ?

jbertram
It's not clear to me if you're asking about the ActiveMQ 5.x broker or the
ActiveMQ Artemis broker.  Christian answered your question in the context
of 5.x.  For Artemis the default storage is a set of journal files that
would work fine on a SAN.

Justin