networkConnector and loadbalacing

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

networkConnector and loadbalacing

situmin
Hello, everyone.
I am just a student and I have a few question about using activemq...

1)this url:
             brokerURL = "failover://(discovery:(multicast://default))";
   while using this kind of composite url, will it work just the way I thought, I mean, it will reconnect and discover another broker if the former one had been fail??

2)I have these

    <networkConnectors>
                        <networkConnector uri="multicast://default" name="localhost2_bridge" networkTTL="2"
                                                   decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="true"             conduitSubscriptions="false">
                       
                        </networkConnector>
                </networkConnectors>


and

<transportConnectors>
           
            <transportConnector name="nio_from_localhost2" uri="nio://0.0.0.0:61617?maximumConnections=1000&amp;wireformat.maxFrameSize=104857600"
                                                                discoveryUri="multicast://default" updateClusterClients="true"
                                                                rebalanceClusterClients="true" updateClusterClientsOnRemove="true"/>
        </transportConnectors>

in the xml file of every broker, will these broker work in a way that can be called load balanced??
I mean, these brokers would have the same number of consumers and the same number of producers. Is that right. If not, how can I do that??

Thanks a lot.

         
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: networkConnector and loadbalacing

ceposta
On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM, situmin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, everyone.
> I am just a student and I have a few question about using activemq...
>
> 1)this url:
>              brokerURL = "failover://(discovery:(multicast://default))";
>    while using this kind of composite url, will it work just the way I
> thought, I mean, it will reconnect and discover another broker if the
> former
> one had been fail??
>

Yes. The failover transport does just this.


>
> 2)I have these
>
>     <networkConnectors>
>                         <networkConnector uri="multicast://default"
> name="localhost2_bridge"
> networkTTL="2"
>
> decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="true"
> conduitSubscriptions="false">
>
>                         </networkConnector>
>                 </networkConnectors>
>
>
> and
>
> <transportConnectors>
>
>             <transportConnector name="nio_from_localhost2"
> uri="nio://
> 0.0.0.0:61617?maximumConnections=1000&amp;wireformat.maxFrameSize=104857600
> "
>
> discoveryUri="multicast://default" updateClusterClients="true"
>
> rebalanceClusterClients="true" updateClusterClientsOnRemove="true"/>
>         </transportConnectors>
>
> in the xml file of every broker, will these broker work in a way that can
> be
> called load balanced??
>
Kind of. If you set up your brokers like this, then you will effectively
form a cluster.


> I mean, these brokers would have the same number of consumers and the same
> number of producers. Is that right. If not, how can I do that?


> Thanks a lot.
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/networkConnector-and-loadbalacing-tp4668837.html
> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>



--
*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: networkConnector and loadbalacing

situmin
Thanks a lot, again.