measure activemq network usage

mikewse
Can someone recommend how to best benchmark network usage on different
ActiveMQ configurations? I'll be running the tests on localhost on Ubuntu
13.10.

Thanks
Mike

RE: measure activemq network usage

mikewse
Obviously I could let tcpdump spy on the broker port locally on the
broker host, but does that catch all traffic? Ie, does all client
traffic go over the broker port, or are additional ports opened?
And what about discovery broadcasts and similar, what patterns can
I use to collect them?

Thanks
Mike

Mike Wilson wrote:
> Can someone recommend how to best benchmark network usage on different
> ActiveMQ configurations? I'll be running the tests on
> localhost on Ubuntu
> 13.10.
>
> Thanks
> Mike

Re: measure activemq network usage

ceposta
On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 7:01 AM, Mike Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Obviously I could let tcpdump spy on the broker port locally on the
> broker host, but does that catch all traffic? Ie, does all client
> traffic go over the broker port, or are additional ports opened?

Yes, Client --> Broker traffic goes over the transportConnectors that
you specify in the config.

--
Christian Posta
http://www.christianposta.com/blog