connection.OpenWireFormat::marshal Error when trying to start connection

connection.OpenWireFormat::marshal Error when trying to start connection

skimbrell
Hello,
 I am trying to migrate existing code to use activemq-cpp (version 3.8.2) to
communicate with an Artemis server (version 2.5.0) .  When trying to start
the connection I get an error on the client side
connection.OpenWireFormat::marshal - Unknown data type: 106

on the server side I get an error
Errors occurred during the buffering operation:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid version: 6 could not load
org.apache.activmq.openwire.v6.MarshallerFactory.

I saw the activemq-cpp works with activemq serevrs 4.x and 5.x , but I
wasn't sure where the Artemis 2.5.0 server is in relation to activemq
versions.

Thanks for any help.