brokerName and brokerId in network of brokers

brokerName and brokerId in network of brokers

alvinlin
Let's say I set up a network of brokers, where each "node" is a master/slave
pair sharing a NFS file system. From my research I should set the brokerName
differently on master and slave, but I should set the brokerId the same on
master and slave am I correct?

From my research brokerName is used mostly for informational purposes and it
would be helpful in figuring out if master or slave is currently active.
BrokerId is used to detect duplicate message in network of broker, so if a
slave take took over it should have same brokerId in case the slave received
a message that was already processed (and forwarded) by the master. Am I
correct? Is there any pointer to where I can read more about how brokerId
and brokerName are used?

Re: brokerName and brokerId in network of brokers

Devlin
No, master/slave brokers, or any broker, participating in a network, should
never share names or IDs; they should be unique to each broker. I usually
make the brokerID and name the same for a single broker.

I asked a similar question last year, then answered it myself, hope this
helps:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32344317/activemq-5-11-network-of-brokers-and-master-slave-group-config