[activemq-user] listening on multiple queues...

[activemq-user] listening on multiple queues...

Ravinder Singh
We are currently using SonicMQ and queueing facility in JMS. In SonicMQ
the queues has to be predefined in order to be used. I was just testing
our applications with activeMQ, but came into one problem; we retrieve
the currently configured queues from the MQ, and start to listen to the
queues which starts with a given prefix. Is that possible in activeMQ?

I mean, is this possible: listenOnQueue("Master->.*");

We are currently using regular expression to define the queues to listen
to...

Any quick answer is appreciated...

Re: [activemq-user] listening on multiple queues...

jstrachan
We support wildcards on topics and queues, so you can subscribe to
"Master.>" to subscribe to all queues which start with "Master."

The other alternative is to use JNDI to configure the various queues
you want to have and query it from your Java code.

http://activemq.org/JNDI+Support

On 22 Jun 2005, at 00:18, Ravinder Singh wrote:

> We are currently using SonicMQ and queueing facility in JMS. In
> SonicMQ the queues has to be predefined in order to be used. I was
> just testing our applications with activeMQ, but came into one
> problem; we retrieve the currently configured queues from the MQ,
> and start to listen to the queues which starts with a given prefix.
> Is that possible in activeMQ?
>
> I mean, is this possible: listenOnQueue("Master->.*");
>
> We are currently using regular expression to define the queues to
> listen to...
>
> Any quick answer is appreciated...

James
-------