[activemq-user] Web Admin Console

Deepak Nayal
Hi! I am a newbie at ActiveMQ. All my expereince in J2EE has been with
Weblogic.

I was checking out ActiveMQ and it seems that it does not have any web
admin console for ActiveMQ. Is there any in the making or slotted for
some future release?

Regards
Deepak Nayal

[activemq-dev] Re: [activemq-user] Web Admin Console

jstrachan

On 4 Jul 2005, at 10:13, Deepak Nayal wrote:

> Hi! I am a newbie at ActiveMQ. All my expereince in J2EE has been
> with Weblogic.
>
> I was checking out ActiveMQ and it seems that it does not have any
> web admin console for ActiveMQ. Is there any in the making or
> slotted for some future release?

We'd love a web admin console. Its on our roadmap and we'll get to it
one day in the future - for now we're focussing mostly on adding more
mbeans such that any JMX web console could do the trick.

The Geronimo project is meant to be getting a management portal
donated soon; once its available we hope to try patching it to
provide better management of ActiveMQ. But we're an open source
project - so as usual any contributions in this or any other area are
most welcome...

http://activemq.org/Contributing

BTW our sister project - ServiceMix which is our ESB, which can
support JMS routing across JMS providers with message transformation
features - has full JMX support...
http://servicemix.org/JMX+Console

Hopefully we'll get ActiveMQ as JMX-ified ASAP.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/