[activemq-user] Way to find out if ActiveMQ is currently receiving a message?

[activemq-user] Way to find out if ActiveMQ is currently receiving a message?

Colin Kilburn
Here's my situation:

I have a topic to which large messages (1-15 MB) are published.   A
number of the subscribers are on a slow and scarce connection
(unreliable dialup), and for this reason, I would like to minimize the
amount of time a subscriber is connected to the broker.  That is, if
there are no messages waiting on the broker, I don't want to stay dialed
up.

My understanding of the behavior is that my onMessage() method won't be
called until the activemq client has already downloaded (and probably
reassembled) the full message.    If this is correct, is there any way
for me to find out if the activemq client is busily receiving a
message?  i.e. I don't want to hang up (the dialup) if message receipt
is in progress, and I expect some message receipts to take a long time.

Thanks in advance,
Colin