Quantcast

[activemq-user] Re: Several questions

Christophe JOBARD
Fritz Oconer - Exist Software Labs <foconer@...> writes:

> Hi Francois,
>
> Opps, I mean the A and C have been fixed with 3.1.  I missed the lower part
> of the email.
>
> A. Warning message occurs in 3.0 version but is fixed now in 3.1.
> C.  I was able to replicate this in 3.0 version aswell. However, this is not
> the same with 3.1 version. I sent 1000 messages and was able to consume all
> in the same order as it was published.
>
> Sorry for the missunderstanding.
>
> Regards,
> Fritz

Hi Fritz,

I had the same problem than Fran??ois (about ordering messages C) ) with
ActiveMQ 3.0. So I installed the 3.1 M2 version. The problem seemed to be
solved. But there are still ordering message troubles when using message
selector mechanism.

I've got a producer which send 10 messages to an unique destination (Queue). 5
of these messages have a clientid property value equal to CLIENT1 and the 5
others have a clientid property value equal to CLIENT2.

I've got 2 consumers for the previous destination (Queue). One has a message
selector based on the clientid property equal to CLIENT1 and the other has a
message selector based on the clientid property equal to CLIENT2.

I run my producer and I wait it sends all its messages. Then I run my first
consumer (CLIENT1) which receives messages in the same order as they were sent.
Then I run my second consumer (CLIENT2) which receives messages in a DIFFERENT
order as they were sent.

The filtering mechanism seems not to respect the messages ordering.
Is it an identified bug for active MQ ? Will it be fixed in a future release ?

Regards,

Christophe

Re: [activemq-user] Re: Several questions

jstrachan

On 15 Jun 2005, at 11:15, Christophe JOBARD wrote:

> Fritz Oconer - Exist Software Labs <foconer@...> writes:
>

>> Hi Francois,
>>
>> Opps, I mean the A and C have been fixed with 3.1.  I missed the
>> lower part
>> of the email.
>>
>> A. Warning message occurs in 3.0 version but is fixed now in 3.1.
>> C.  I was able to replicate this in 3.0 version aswell. However,
>> this is not
>> the same with 3.1 version. I sent 1000 messages and was able to
>> consume all
>> in the same order as it was published.
>>
>> Sorry for the missunderstanding.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Fritz

Christophe, any chance you could submit the test case you created to
try reproduce this selector-based ordering issue? If we can easily
reproduce the issue I'm sure we can fix it pretty quickly

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/