[activemq-user] Queue browsing and truncating with Hermes is not accurate

[activemq-user] Queue browsing and truncating with Hermes is not accurate

Gregory Gerard
Noticed that Hermes doesn't always see all the messages when it walks
the messages coming back from a browse.

For instance, I truncate the queue repeatedly to delete thousands of
messages. It only deletes a couple hundred at a time. Same thing happens
when I browse the messages as well, ie, Hermes comes back with a
different number of messages.

Given there are no producers or consumers are active on the queue in
question and after looking through the source for Hermes, I think the
trouble is on the AMQ side.

Any one else seen this behavior and know a workaround? I looked in
ActiveMQQueueBrowser and didn't see anything jump out at me.

Version 3.2.1 (also saw it on 3.2 and prior).

greg