[activemq-user] Clustered MDBs with ActiveMQ versus JBossMQ

[activemq-user] Clustered MDBs with ActiveMQ versus JBossMQ

Rohan Talip
Hi,

I am trying to determine if ActiveMQ would be suitable for our purposes.

I have an issue that I posted to the JBoss Messaging, JMS and JBossMQ forum:
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3881573#3881573

I have observed that Message Driven Beans set up in a cluster with the default
configuration in Jboss (and JBossMQ) don't automatically reconnect to the JMS
server if the JMS server fails over to another JBoss instance.

Would using ActiveMQ help with this?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Rohan

Please note that:

1. This e-mail may constitute privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you have received this confidential email and any attachments transmitted with it in error and you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on this information.
2. E-mails to and from the company are monitored for operational reasons and in accordance with lawful business practices.
3. The contents of this email are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent the views of the company.
4. The company does not conclude contracts by email and all negotiations are subject to contract.
5. The company accepts no responsibility once an e-mail and any attachments is sent.

http://www.integralis.com

Re: [activemq-user] Clustered MDBs with ActiveMQ versus JBossMQ

chirino
Hi Rohan,

ActiveMQ driven MDBs do reconnect to the server after a broker restart.

Regards,
Hiram

On Jun 15, 2005, at 8:52 AM, Rohan Talip wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to determine if ActiveMQ would be suitable for our
> purposes.
>
> I have an issue that I posted to the JBoss Messaging, JMS and
> JBossMQ forum:
> http://www.jboss.org/index.html?
> module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3881573#3881573
>
> I have observed that Message Driven Beans set up in a cluster with
> the default
> configuration in Jboss (and JBossMQ) don't automatically reconnect
> to the JMS
> server if the JMS server fails over to another JBoss instance.
>
> Would using ActiveMQ help with this?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rohan
>

> Please note that:
>
> 1. This e-mail may constitute privileged information. If you are
> not the intended recipient, you have received this confidential
> email and any attachments transmitted with it in error and you must
> not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on
> this information.
> 2. E-mails to and from the company are monitored for operational
> reasons and in accordance with lawful business practices.
> 3. The contents of this email are those of the individual and do
> not necessarily represent the views of the company.
> 4. The company does not conclude contracts by email and all
> negotiations are subject to contract.
> 5. The company accepts no responsibility once an e-mail and any
> attachments is sent.
>
> http://www.integralis.com

RE: [activemq-user] Clustered MDBs with ActiveMQ versus JBossMQ

Roos, Robin
So no-one on the JBoss forums replies to your posts either - welcome to the
club!

 ------

http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/ or contact the sender. 3166