activemq ramdomly re-deliver messages to consumer

activemq ramdomly re-deliver messages to consumer

bwen
This post was updated on .
All
I have a strange issue with activemq. I see sometimes it re-deliver the same messages to consumers.
Sometimes this happens the same day, some times it happens after couple days(after bounce of publisher, AMQ and consumer).
Here are my setups:
AMQ version 5.5.1 running active/backup mode
using JDBC as persistent I can see messages are stored in activemq_msgs table.
the url on consumer side is
  <value>failover:(${jms.broker1.uri},${jms.broker2.uri})?randomize=false&jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=1&maxReconnectAttempts=-1</value>

I see no exceptions when the msg was published and consumed.Consumer side I use springframework DefaultMessageListenerContainer class with sessionTransacted=true
I see the message count in JMX page shows dispatched > enqueued when this happens. It seems AMQ some how find that message somewhere even though it is consumed successfully already.

Is there anyone else see the similar issues and know how to fix it?

thanks in advance.

Re: activemq ramdomly re-deliver messages to consumer

Tim Bain
That version of ActiveMQ is five and a half years old. It's possible that
the behavior you're seeing is still a bug in the current version, but it's
quite possible that it's been fixed in one of the nine minor releases (and
more incidental releases) since then. Upgrading to a more recent version is
probably a good idea.

In the meantime, you could go through the JIRA entries for the releases
since 5.5.1 to see if any of them match the behavior you're seeing.

Tim

On Mar 13, 2017 7:18 PM, "bwen" <[hidden email]> wrote:

All
I have a strange issue with activemq. I see sometimes it re-deliver the same
messages to consumers.
Sometimes this happens the same day, some times it happens after couple
days.
Here are my setups:
AMQ version 5.5.1 running active/backup mode
using JDBC as persistent I can see messages are stored in activemq_msgs
table.
the url on consumer side is

<value>failover:(${jms.broker1.uri},${jms.broker2.
uri})?randomize=false&amp;jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=
1&amp;maxReconnectAttempts=-1</value>