[activemq-dev] [announce] ActiveMQ 4.0-M2 released

[activemq-dev] [announce] ActiveMQ 4.0-M2 released

chirino
I'm pleased to announce the new ActiveMQ 4.0-M2 release.

This new release includes the following:

* The web module is now available again, and it uses Jetty 6
threadless continuations to increase AJAX scaleability
* Ajax demo is now working again
* Journal can now be configured to archive it's logs.
* Several memory leaks were fixed and better memory management in
general.
* Several performance enhancements
* Bug fixes to PooledConnectionFactory  so that threads are properly
closed.
* Openwire protocol enhancements now produce more compact messages on
the wire.
* peer protocol is now working
* Several fixes to the demand forwarding bridges
* Added a new custom multicast discovery mechanism since jmdns is
still lgpl.

Download it from:
http://dist.codehaus.org/activemq/distributions/activemq-4.0-M2.tar.gz
http://dist.codehaus.org/activemq/distributions/activemq-4.0-M2.zip
http://dist.codehaus.org/activemq/distributions/activemq-4.0-M2-
src.tar.gz
http://dist.codehaus.org/activemq/distributions/activemq-4.0-M2-src.zip

Regards,
Hiram

Re: [activemq-dev] [announce] ActiveMQ 4.0-M2 released

Paul Smith-2
> * Added a new custom multicast discovery mechanism since jmdns is
> still lgpl.

Erm, I downloaded JmDNS 1.0 final the other day and it said it was
now licensed under ASL 2.0... ?

I'm trying to embed JmDNS inside an Apache project, and no-one at
[hidden email] seemed to raise much of a concern since that
change.

Paul

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [activemq-dev] [announce] ActiveMQ 4.0-M2 released

chirino

Cool!  Those JmDNS guys need to update their home page http://
jmdns.sourceforge.net/ it still says it'ls lgpl.

Well, I guess we now have 2 options for multicast discovery now!

Thanks for the info!

Regards,
Hiram