[activemq-dev] Switching the 4.x development branch to HEAD

[activemq-dev] Switching the 4.x development branch to HEAD

chirino
Hi guys,

Since the 3.x branch is now mainly in bug fix mode, perhaps we should
consider moving the 4.x branch of development to trunk and the
current trunk to a 3.x branch or something like that?  It really does
not make much difference to me, but if we are going to do we should
coordinate so that everybody has ample time to get any outstanding
changes in before a branch switch.

Regards,
Hiram

[activemq-dev] Re: Switching the 4.x development branch to HEAD

Dennis Cook
Isn't the code base being moved to apache sometime soon?  Maybe make the
branch and merge at the same time since it is likely to be a bit messy
for a while anyway.

Hiram Chirino wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Since the 3.x branch is now mainly in bug fix mode, perhaps we should
> consider moving the 4.x branch of development to trunk and the  current
> trunk to a 3.x branch or something like that?  It really does  not make
> much difference to me, but if we are going to do we should  coordinate
> so that everybody has ample time to get any outstanding  changes in
> before a branch switch.
>
> Regards,
> Hiram

Re: [activemq-dev] Re: Switching the 4.x development branch to HEAD

chirino
Good point.  When we do that package names will be changing too.
James, any idea when we might be able move into apache??

Regards,
Hiram