[activemq-dev] IDEA Project Files

Patrick Burleson
Hello there,

I was going to start hacking away at a change I wanted to make to
ActiveMQ, but I'm having some trouble figuring out how to layout the
project for IDEA.

I tried "maven idea", and that generated the .iml files, but the
latest EAP of IDEA doesn't seem to like these files. They don't seem
to define what type of module they are.

I then just had IDEA discover all the source directories and
everything. But I noticed that doing a plain "maven" at the root of
activemq doesn't build every sub project/module. So I've been slowly
weeding them out and adding in dependencies as needed.

This is becoming a bit of a pain. Is there any chance someone who has
the project all setup for IDEA could send me your IDEA Project files?
Or, if that isn't possible, give me a basic code layout of what is
important and what isn't?

Thanks,
Patrick

Re: [activemq-dev] IDEA Project Files

chirino
Hi Patrick,

Just run "maven idea" and it will create all the needed project
descriptors.

Regards,
Hiram

On Jun 29, 2005, at 8:14 PM, Patrick Burleson wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I was going to start hacking away at a change I wanted to make to
> ActiveMQ, but I'm having some trouble figuring out how to layout the
> project for IDEA.
>
> I tried "maven idea", and that generated the .iml files, but the
> latest EAP of IDEA doesn't seem to like these files. They don't seem
> to define what type of module they are.
>
> I then just had IDEA discover all the source directories and
> everything. But I noticed that doing a plain "maven" at the root of
> activemq doesn't build every sub project/module. So I've been slowly
> weeding them out and adding in dependencies as needed.
>
> This is becoming a bit of a pain. Is there any chance someone who has
> the project all setup for IDEA could send me your IDEA Project files?
> Or, if that isn't possible, give me a basic code layout of what is
> important and what isn't?
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick

Re: [activemq-dev] IDEA Project Files

Patrick Burleson
Hiram,

I already tried that...it failed miserably. Maybe I need to open them
in 4.5.3 instead of the 5.0 EAP.

I'll give it another try.

Thanks,
Patrick

On 6/29/05, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> Just run "maven idea" and it will create all the needed project
> descriptors.
>
> Regards,
> Hiram
>

> On Jun 29, 2005, at 8:14 PM, Patrick Burleson wrote:
>
> > Hello there,
> >
> > I was going to start hacking away at a change I wanted to make to
> > ActiveMQ, but I'm having some trouble figuring out how to layout the
> > project for IDEA.
> >
> > I tried "maven idea", and that generated the .iml files, but the
> > latest EAP of IDEA doesn't seem to like these files. They don't seem
> > to define what type of module they are.
> >
> > I then just had IDEA discover all the source directories and
> > everything. But I noticed that doing a plain "maven" at the root of
> > activemq doesn't build every sub project/module. So I've been slowly
> > weeding them out and adding in dependencies as needed.
> >
> > This is becoming a bit of a pain. Is there any chance someone who has
> > the project all setup for IDEA could send me your IDEA Project files?
> > Or, if that isn't possible, give me a basic code layout of what is
> > important and what isn't?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Patrick

Re: [activemq-dev] IDEA Project Files

Patrick Burleson
Ok, opening them in 4.5.4 first, and then opening them in 5.0 EAP
seems to work. Now to explore the source.

Thanks,
Patrick

On 6/29/05, Patrick Burleson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hiram,
>
> I already tried that...it failed miserably. Maybe I need to open them
> in 4.5.3 instead of the 5.0 EAP.
>
> I'll give it another try.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick
>
> On 6/29/05, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Patrick,
> >
> > Just run "maven idea" and it will create all the needed project
> > descriptors.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Hiram
> >

> > On Jun 29, 2005, at 8:14 PM, Patrick Burleson wrote:
> >
> > > Hello there,
> > >
> > > I was going to start hacking away at a change I wanted to make to
> > > ActiveMQ, but I'm having some trouble figuring out how to layout the
> > > project for IDEA.
> > >
> > > I tried "maven idea", and that generated the .iml files, but the
> > > latest EAP of IDEA doesn't seem to like these files. They don't seem
> > > to define what type of module they are.
> > >
> > > I then just had IDEA discover all the source directories and
> > > everything. But I noticed that doing a plain "maven" at the root of
> > > activemq doesn't build every sub project/module. So I've been slowly
> > > weeding them out and adding in dependencies as needed.
> > >
> > > This is becoming a bit of a pain. Is there any chance someone who has
> > > the project all setup for IDEA could send me your IDEA Project files?
> > > Or, if that isn't possible, give me a basic code layout of what is
> > > important and what isn't?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Patrick

Re: [activemq-dev] IDEA Project Files

chirino
Ah. sorry I missed that..  Unfortunately, I'm a eclipse user so I'm
not really sure if there is a work around for the 5.0 EAP problem.

Regards,
Hiram