[activemq-dev] ActiveMQ JCA container now migrating to Jencks.org

[activemq-dev] ActiveMQ JCA container now migrating to Jencks.org

jstrachan
Just a quick heads up. You might have spotted this already but I
thought I'd repeat it in an explicit email in case you missed it.

ActiveMQ has supported Message Driven POJOs using JCA for some time.
http://activemq.org/JCA+Container

Also ServiceMix has recommended using JCA for inbound JMS
subscription for some time too.
http://servicemix.org/JCA

To make things easier, we've moved the ActiveMQ JCA container into
the Jencks project
http://jencks.org/

e.g. here's Message Driven POJOs with Jencks...
http://jencks.org/Message+Driven+POJOs

We've also removed some of the code and instead reuse the
WorkManager, TransactionManager and BootstrapContext from Geronimo
now by default. In case you're worrying about jar-hell - we've a
single jar, jencks-all.jar you can add to your classpath and you
should have everything you need.

We've integrated with some Spring code from Thierry Templier from the
Spring team for working with Factory beans and interceptors. Finally
we've added some helper factory beans for working with Geronimo
transaction manager and work manager from Spring...

http://jencks.org/Transaction+Manager
http://jencks.org/Work+Manager

While we'll continue to support ActiveMQ's JCA container up to 3.1 of
ActiveMQ, versions after this date will use Jencks. ServiceMix 1.0
went out with full Jencks support already

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/