activemq-cpp failover?

amq user
Does activemq-cpp support failover?
I got this:

ActiveMQConnectionFactory::createConnection - unknown transport factory
        FILE: activemq/core/ActiveMQConnectionFactory.cpp, LINE: 124
        FILE: activemq/core/ActiveMQConnectionFactory.cpp, LINE: 179

If not, will it be supported in the near future?
Thanks

RE: activemq-cpp failover?

Tim Bish

Failover is not currently supported and is not currently planned, the
architecture would support extension of the transport layer to support it.

> If not, will it be supported in the near future?
> Thanks

Re: activemq-cpp failover?

amq user
too bad.
any work-around? can we catch some exception somewhere and open up another
connection to failover broker?
My producer has to be integrated into cpp code.

Thanks

> [...]

RE: activemq-cpp failover?

Tim Bish

> too bad.
> any work-around? can we catch some exception somewhere and open up another
> connection to failover broker?
> My producer has to be integrated into cpp code.

Just like in Java, you can set an ExceptionListener on the Connection
Object, chances are if that gets called its time to reconnect.

> Thanks

Re: activemq-cpp failover?

amq user
The Connection object doesn't seems to throw exceptions.

my code looks like this:

class myProducer : public ExceptionListener,
                            public Runnable {

            // Create a Connection
            connection = connectionFactory->createConnection();
            connection->setExceptionListener(this);
            connection->start();

    virtual void onException( const CMSException& ex ) {
        printf("JMS Exception occured.  reconnect?.\n");
        ex.printStackTrace();
    }

I don't get anything from onException().

How do I get it to work? Please help.

Thanks
On 12/12/06, Timothy Bish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > too bad.
> > any work-around? can we catch some exception somewhere and open up
> another
> > connection to failover broker?
> > My producer has to be integrated into cpp code.
> >

> Just like in Java, you can set an ExceptionListener on the Connection
> Object, chances are if that gets called its time to reconnect.
>
> > Thanks

RE: activemq-cpp failover?

tabish121
> The Connection object doesn't seems to throw exceptions.
>
> my code looks like this:
>
> class myProducer : public ExceptionListener,
>                             public Runnable {
>
>             // Create a Connection
>             connection = connectionFactory->createConnection();
>             connection->setExceptionListener(this);
>             connection->start();
>
>     virtual void onException( const CMSException& ex ) {
>         printf("JMS Exception occured.  reconnect?.\n");
>         ex.printStackTrace();
>     }

> I don't get anything from onException().

Are you doing anything that might trigger an exception?

> How do I get it to work? Please help.
>
> Thanks
> On 12/12/06, Timothy Bish <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > > too bad.
> > > any work-around? can we catch some exception somewhere and open up
> > another
> > > connection to failover broker?
> > > My producer has to be integrated into cpp code.
> > >

> > Just like in Java, you can set an ExceptionListener on the
Connection

> > Object, chances are if that gets called its time to reconnect.
> >
> > > Thanks

Re: activemq-cpp failover?

amq user
yes, I tried two things:
1. broker is not running
2. kill the broker while producer is sending message.

exception was caught in try{}catch() in run block, but not onException()