about Master-slave cluster and Network of brokers

about Master-slave cluster and Network of brokers

kris
This post was updated on .
Hi i am newbie on active mq.
Here is my question : can 4 brokers run  Master-slave and dynamic discovery together (2 master communicate each other by network of brokers) on amq latest version?

Details:

I got 4 server running on ActiveMQ and each two of them are connected within Master-Slave Mode.

So my problem is to find a way to connect the two master server to let a producer on Master A can directly send an message to the consumer on Master B.

I found there is a function called "network of brokers" in AMQ which can forward message from broker to broker, but I can not find any more details about how to do this between two master brokers...

Thx u very much

Re: about Master-slave cluster and Network of brokers

Kevin Burton
You’re going to have to be a bit more specific.

Maybe read up on leveldb replication on activemq.

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 4:40 PM, kris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi i am newbie on active mq.
> Here is my question : can 4 brokers run  Master-slave and dynamic discovery
> together (2 master communicate each other by network of brokers) on amq
> latest version?
>
> Thx u very much

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*
blog: http://burtonator.wordpress.com
… or check out my Google+ profile
<https://plus.google.com/102718274791889610666/posts>
<http://spinn3r.com>

Re: about Master-slave cluster and Network of brokers

kris
Hi thanks for  your reply,

I got 4 server running ActiveMQ and each two of them are connected within Master-Slave Mode.

So my problem is to find a way to connect the two master server to let a producer on Master A can directly send an message to the consumer on Master B.

I found there is a function called "network of brokers" in AMQ which can forward message from broker to broker, but I can not find any more details about how to do this between two master brokers...

From iPhone

在 2015年2月10日,09:42,Kevin Burton [via ActiveMQ] <[hidden email]> 写道:

You’re going to have to be a bit more specific.

Maybe read up on leveldb replication on activemq.

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 4:40 PM, kris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi i am newbie on active mq.
> Here is my question : can 4 brokers run  Master-slave and dynamic discovery
> together (2 master communicate each other by network of brokers) on amq
> latest version?
>
> Thx u very much

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*
blog: http://burtonator.wordpress.com
… or check out my Google+ profile
<https://plus.google.com/102718274791889610666/posts>
<http://spinn3r.com>

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/about-Master-slave-cluster-and-Network-of-brokers-tp4691266p4691267.html
To unsubscribe from about Master-slave cluster and Network of brokers, click here.
NAML

Re: about Master-slave cluster and Network of brokers

It's possible to have two master/slave pairs with the master in each pair
having a networkConnector using the failover protocol (or better, the
masterslave protocol, which is just syntactic sugar for failover plus some
good default options) to connect to the currently active (master) broker in
the other pair.  When the slave in one pair takes over for its master, the
other master will connect to it automatically via the masterslave/failover
protocol.

If that's not what you meant by "automatic discovery", please clarify your
question.