Why is concurrentStoreAndDispatchTopics option not recommended?

Why is concurrentStoreAndDispatchTopics option not recommended?

alvinlin
Hello,

I was reading http://activemq.apache.org/kahadb.html and found that concurrentStoreAndDispatchTopics option not recommended (so it default to false) while concurrentStoreAndDispatchQueues is default to true (so I assume concurrentStoreAndDispatchQueues is recommended). So why is concurrentStoreAndDispatchTopic not recommended?

Is it because  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-5668? But that issue is fixed in 5.12.0, so if I am using later version is concurrentStoreAndDispatchTopic still not recommended?

Re: Why is concurrentStoreAndDispatchTopics option not recommended?

Tim Bain
Read the comments on the bug you linked to. They explain why the option was
recommended against, and the concerns that Gary, Chris, and Tim have about
whether all of the edge cases have been properly addressed even if the NPE
in question is prevented.

Tim