Which version of AMQ for geronimo 1.1?

djencks
Geronimo 1.1 needs some changes in the activemq gbeans in order for
activemq to be able to start and be managed by the console.  Which
version(s) should I make the modifications in?  Should I make an AMQ
branch for this?

The problems I've identified so far are:

- The management helper gbean needs extensive modifications to use
AbstractNames rather than ObjectNames.

- The JDBCPersistenceAdapterGBean uses an AMQ interface in its
reference to dataSource: this no longer works as we now check that a
target gbean declares the interface you ask for in a reference.

Thanks
david jencks

Re: Which version of AMQ for geronimo 1.1?

James Strachan-2
How about we try get the latest 4.x trunk working in Geronimo 1.1?
There's heaps of bug fixes as well as some groovy new features in
there; we should make the swich at some point, so now seems as good a
time as any.

I think the only issue might be that the rest/ajax support (whichi is
optional) depends on Jetty 6.x; but the default configuration would
just be for tcp/ip using openwire/stomp.

James

--

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: Which version of AMQ for geronimo 1.1?

chirino
Hi David,

I've started to update my geronimo 1.1 working copy to use amq 4.  If
your interested in helping port it over, then yeah I think a branch
would be a good idea.

What should the branch name be?

Regards,
Hiram

On 3/26/06, David Jencks <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Geronimo 1.1 needs some changes in the activemq gbeans in order for
> activemq to be able to start and be managed by the console.  Which
> version(s) should I make the modifications in?  Should I make an AMQ
> branch for this?
>
> The problems I've identified so far are:
>
> - The management helper gbean needs extensive modifications to use
> AbstractNames rather than ObjectNames.
>
> - The JDBCPersistenceAdapterGBean uses an AMQ interface in its
> reference to dataSource: this no longer works as we now check that a
> target gbean declares the interface you ask for in a reference.
>
> Thanks
> david jencks

Hiram