What to use Composite topic or Virtual topic?

What to use Composite topic or Virtual topic?

bansalp
Hi,

I have a use-case in which message published on a topic "BAR" needs to be replayed onto a queue "Foo".

I explored web and found out I can use both Composite topic and virtual topic? But which one to use and why?

I really need a answer?

Please help me out on this?

Thanks

Re: What to use Composite topic or Virtual topic?

Petter Nordlander
I wrote something about that on Stackoverflow a few days ago.
Take a look. If that generic answer is not enough, donĀ¹t hesitate to ask a
bit more detailed what you want to achieve.

http://stackoverflow.com/a/26052645/412763

BR
Petter

Den 2014-09-29 07:31 skrev bansalp <[hidden email]>:

>Hi,
>
>I have a use-case in which message published on a topic "BAR" needs to be
>replayed onto a queue "Foo".
>
>I explored web and found out I can use both Composite topic and virtual
>topic? But which one to use and why?
>
>I really need a answer?
>
>Please help me out on this?
>
>Thanks

Re: What to use Composite topic or Virtual topic?

bansalp
Hi Petter,

Thanks for stackoverflow link, you have not mentioned that virtual topic should be preffered way but you haven't mentioned why. Are there any performance difference?

I need to decide on one of these with a proper answer so that I need not switch in future because of some hidden differences, which am unable to find myself. Do you know of any.

ActiveMQ wiki says only about this difference, Are there other difference. This is a bit critical for me?

Thanks,
Pradeep