Website publishing, Jekyll 4.

Robbie Gemmell
Just a heads up..

I made some website updates just now to add 5.15.11 to the site. I
have Jekyll 4 on my box these days and so there were some small
differences that occurred in the generated output from previous
builds, e.g around css file output. If you use an older version to
build the site later you will presumably see some of them undo
themselves.

I dont think its anything to be concerned about, just noting it so
that if you see unexpected changes later you might know this could be
why.

Robbie

Re: Website publishing, Jekyll 4.

clebertsuconic
perhaps we should just document how to upgrade it? and have a minimal
version to use?

i have currently 3.8.5 on my laptop. I can upgrade unless there is any
pitfall on doing it.

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 10:20 AM Robbie Gemmell
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just a heads up..
>
> I made some website updates just now to add 5.15.11 to the site. I
> have Jekyll 4 on my box these days and so there were some small
> differences that occurred in the generated output from previous
> builds, e.g around css file output. If you use an older version to
> build the site later you will presumably see some of them undo
> themselves.
>
> I dont think its anything to be concerned about, just noting it so
> that if you see unexpected changes later you might know this could be
> why.
>
> Robbie

Re: Website publishing, Jekyll 4.

Robbie Gemmell
I'd be fine with that too. I dont think theres any issue with mixing
though, so long as folks commit the changes.

In terms of upgrading, it seems pretty simple..checking your ruby
version and then requesting a gem update:
https://jekyllrb.com/docs/upgrading/3-to-4/

I'm not aware of any pitfalls a yet. 4 is faster than 3, so there does
seem to be benefit to updating if possible.

Original installation instructions for anyone starting fresh are at
https://jekyllrb.com/docs/installation/

Robbie