WARN : AMQPersistenceAdapter - The ReferenceStore is not valid - recovering

WARN : AMQPersistenceAdapter - The ReferenceStore is not valid - recovering

cmoulliard
Hi,

How can we interpret this WARN message :

2010-03-04 11:16:34,652 WARN  AMQPersistenceAdapter          - Waiting to Lock the Store /mnt/export/activemq/data
2010-03-04 11:18:36,960 WARN  AMQPersistenceAdapter          - The ReferenceStore is not valid - recovering ....

Is there any issue behind that or is it a potential risk that we are faced ?

Kind regards,

Charles

Re: WARN : AMQPersistenceAdapter - The ReferenceStore is not valid - recovering

rajdavies
this happens when AMQ Store is not shutdown cleanly - the references have to be rebuilt from the transaction logs. Nothing to worry about - but would recommend KahadB is 5.3/5.3.1

On 11 Mar 2010, at 12:14, cmoulliard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can we interpret this WARN message :
>
> 2010-03-04 11:16:34,652 WARN  AMQPersistenceAdapter          - Waiting to
> Lock the Store /mnt/export/activemq/data
> 2010-03-04 11:18:36,960 WARN  AMQPersistenceAdapter          - The
> ReferenceStore is not valid - recovering ....
>
> Is there any issue behind that or is it a potential risk that we are faced ?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Charles
>
> -----
> Charles Moulliard
> SOA Architect
>
> My Blog :  http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com/ http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com/

Re: WARN : AMQPersistenceAdapter - The ReferenceStore is not valid - recovering

cmoulliard
According to the client, it seems that the store has been shutdown cleanly.

If you propose that the client migrate from AMQStore to KahaDB, do you have a patch that we can use to migrate a AMQstore into a KahaDB when we only have one broker on the production env ?

Kind regards,

Charles

rajdavies wrote
this happens when AMQ Store is not shutdown cleanly - the references have to be rebuilt from the transaction logs. Nothing to worry about - but would recommend KahadB is 5.3/5.3.1

On 11 Mar 2010, at 12:14, cmoulliard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can we interpret this WARN message :
>
> 2010-03-04 11:16:34,652 WARN  AMQPersistenceAdapter          - Waiting to
> Lock the Store /mnt/export/activemq/data
> 2010-03-04 11:18:36,960 WARN  AMQPersistenceAdapter          - The
> ReferenceStore is not valid - recovering ....
>
> Is there any issue behind that or is it a potential risk that we are faced ?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Charles
>
> -----
> Charles Moulliard
> SOA Architect
>
> My Blog :  http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com/ http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com/

Re: WARN : AMQPersistenceAdapter - The ReferenceStore is not valid - recovering

Roland Thomas Lichti
Hi Rob,

Rob Davies schrieb:
> this happens when AMQ Store is not shutdown cleanly - the references have to be rebuilt from the transaction logs. Nothing to worry about - but would recommend KahadB is 5.3/5.3.1

Well, after my experiences with kahaDB and 5.3 I would recommend waiting
for 5.3.1. kahaDB is very inperformant when reading a lot of data. We
have a production system with a store between 2.5 G and 4 G. And kahaDB
takes about 1 1/1 hour to recover. When checking with truss it lseeks
all the time and then reads single byte read() (aprox. 5 1-byte-read()
to 1 llseek() call) ...

We are heavily using queues at our site and one application uses the
broker for data storage for up to 3 days (sic, I'm discussing this with
the designer often - but until now with no success). And about 100k
messages that are no problem when the broker is running slow down the
startup since the broker seeks all the time.

I hope, 5.3.1 will make that much better :-).

bye,
    Roland

--
Roland Thomas Lichti
IT Application Manager

Telefónica o2 Germany GmbH & Co. OHG
Hülshorstweg 30, 33415 Verl
t: +49 5246 80 1121, f: +49 5246 80 2121
m: +49 160 98949570
[hidden email]
http://www.telefonica.de

Bitte finden Sie hier die
handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben: http://www.telefonica.de/pflichtangaben.html

Re: WARN : AMQPersistenceAdapter - The ReferenceStore is not valid - recovering

rajdavies
Yes 5.3.1 should be much better - can you try a snapshot of 5.3.1 ?

On 11 Mar 2010, at 15:22, Roland Thomas Lichti wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> Rob Davies schrieb:
>> this happens when AMQ Store is not shutdown cleanly - the references have to be rebuilt from the transaction logs. Nothing to worry about - but would recommend KahadB is 5.3/5.3.1
>>
> Well, after my experiences with kahaDB and 5.3 I would recommend waiting
> for 5.3.1. kahaDB is very inperformant when reading a lot of data. We
> have a production system with a store between 2.5 G and 4 G. And kahaDB
> takes about 1 1/1 hour to recover. When checking with truss it lseeks
> all the time and then reads single byte read() (aprox. 5 1-byte-read()
> to 1 llseek() call) ...
>
> We are heavily using queues at our site and one application uses the
> broker for data storage for up to 3 days (sic, I'm discussing this with
> the designer often - but until now with no success). And about 100k
> messages that are no problem when the broker is running slow down the
> startup since the broker seeks all the time.
>
> I hope, 5.3.1 will make that much better :-).
>
> bye,
>    Roland
>
> --
> Roland Thomas Lichti
> IT Application Manager
>
> Telefónica o2 Germany GmbH & Co. OHG
> Hülshorstweg 30, 33415 Verl
> t: +49 5246 80 1121, f: +49 5246 80 2121
> m: +49 160 98949570
> [hidden email]
> http://www.telefonica.de
>
> Bitte finden Sie hier die
> handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben: http://www.telefonica.de/pflichtangaben.html

Re: WARN : AMQPersistenceAdapter - The ReferenceStore is not valid - recovering

akhtar
Hi All,

I am facing issue with activemq 5.5.1 at production:
activemq broker able to receive email into pendding queue but its not getting dequeue.

i restarted the activemq server still its not dequeue and it shows me below message:

From activemq.log i got single line of WARN at the end is
 WARN  | Waiting to Lock the Store ../../data/activemq-data | org.apache.activemq.store.amq.AMQPersistenceAdapter

when i restart my tomcat server, it start to sending emails.

why activemq is dependent on tomcat to restart?

Appreciate for help!!