[VOTE] Website Update

jbertram
As most of you probably know there's been work underway to update the
ActiveMQ website for the better part of a year. That work has reached a
point where it makes sense to vote on whether or not it should replace the
existing website. The new website is available at:

  http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-website/

All existing links for *ActiveMQ 5.x* content should continue to work as-is.

The source files for the new site are hosted here:

  https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/

This repo includes instructions on how to modify, test, & update the site.

[ ] +1 approve the promotion of the new website to be the official ActiveMQ
website
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] Website Update

clebertsuconic
+1

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 5:07 PM Justin Bertram <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As most of you probably know there's been work underway to update the
> ActiveMQ website for the better part of a year. That work has reached a
> point where it makes sense to vote on whether or not it should replace the
> existing website. The new website is available at:
>
>   http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-website/
>
> All existing links for *ActiveMQ 5.x* content should continue to work
> as-is.
>
> The source files for the new site are hosted here:
>
>   https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/
>
> This repo includes instructions on how to modify, test, & update the site.
>

> [ ] +1 approve the promotion of the new website to be the official ActiveMQ
> website
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here's my +1
>

> Justin

Re: [VOTE] Website Update

michael.andre.pearce
+1

Sent from my iPad

> On 27 Mar 2019, at 22:34, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1
>
>> On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 5:07 PM Justin Bertram <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> As most of you probably know there's been work underway to update the
>> ActiveMQ website for the better part of a year. That work has reached a
>> point where it makes sense to vote on whether or not it should replace the
>> existing website. The new website is available at:
>>
>>  http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-website/
>>
>> All existing links for *ActiveMQ 5.x* content should continue to work
>> as-is.
>>
>> The source files for the new site are hosted here:
>>
>>  https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/
>>
>> This repo includes instructions on how to modify, test, & update the site.
>>

>> [ ] +1 approve the promotion of the new website to be the official ActiveMQ
>> website
>> [ ] +0 no opinion
>> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> Here's my +1
>>

>> Justin

> Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Website Update

+1

great work. It looks really fresh and the style is crisp.

On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 at 20:07, Justin Bertram <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As most of you probably know there's been work underway to update the
> ActiveMQ website for the better part of a year. That work has reached a
> point where it makes sense to vote on whether or not it should replace the
> existing website. The new website is available at:
>
>   http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-website/
>
> All existing links for *ActiveMQ 5.x* content should continue to work as-is.
>
> The source files for the new site are hosted here:
>
>   https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/
>
> This repo includes instructions on how to modify, test, & update the site.
>

> [ ] +1 approve the promotion of the new website to be the official ActiveMQ
> website
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here's my +1
>

> Justin

Re: [VOTE] Website Update

christopher.l.shannon
+1

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 6:12 AM Gary Tully <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> great work. It looks really fresh and the style is crisp.
>
> On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 at 20:07, Justin Bertram <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > As most of you probably know there's been work underway to update the
> > ActiveMQ website for the better part of a year. That work has reached a
> > point where it makes sense to vote on whether or not it should replace
> the
> > existing website. The new website is available at:
> >
> >   http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-website/
> >
> > All existing links for *ActiveMQ 5.x* content should continue to work
> as-is.
> >
> > The source files for the new site are hosted here:
> >
> >   https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/
> >
> > This repo includes instructions on how to modify, test, & update the
> site.
> >

> > [ ] +1 approve the promotion of the new website to be the official
> ActiveMQ
> > website
> > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> >
> > Here's my +1
> >

> > Justin

Re: [VOTE] Website Update

Martyn Taylor-2
+1

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 10:25 AM Christopher Shannon <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 6:12 AM Gary Tully <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > great work. It looks really fresh and the style is crisp.
> >
> > On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 at 20:07, Justin Bertram <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > As most of you probably know there's been work underway to update the
> > > ActiveMQ website for the better part of a year. That work has reached a
> > > point where it makes sense to vote on whether or not it should replace
> > the
> > > existing website. The new website is available at:
> > >
> > >   http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-website/
> > >
> > > All existing links for *ActiveMQ 5.x* content should continue to work
> > as-is.
> > >
> > > The source files for the new site are hosted here:
> > >
> > >   https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/
> > >
> > > This repo includes instructions on how to modify, test, & update the
> > site.
> > >

> > > [ ] +1 approve the promotion of the new website to be the official
> > ActiveMQ
> > > website
> > > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> > >
> > > Here's my +1
> > >

> > > Justin

Re: [VOTE] Website Update

jbonofre
+1

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Website Update

michael.andre.pearce
Changed to -1 due to recent commit removing an nms project. Will change back if thats reverted. As flagged in seperate threads.

Get Outlook for Android

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]

Re: [VOTE] Website Update

tabish121@gmail.com
On 3/28/19 5:47 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Changed to -1 due to recent commit removing an nms project. Will change back if thats reverted. As flagged in seperate threads.

No released NMS project was removed.  The removed bits were related to
an original attempt at an NMS.AMQP client that was never completed and
the source has since been removed, this content should have been removed
a long time ago but that ball got dropped.  The source code in the
NMS.AMQP git repo is a different work and was never released either and
requires work to get it into a releasable state, as well as a completely
new set of site docs once released.  If you are volunteering to do that
work that's great.

As Robbie stated in the other website mail thread, the bits removed from
the website was of no benefit to the user as it reference a non-existent
work.  Further since the NMS.AMQP bits are not released the foundation
policy on publication of released work prohibits pointing users towards
unreleased works.  You can update your knowledge on the release policy
here: http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#publication

> Get Outlook for Android
>

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 4:21 PM +0000, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> +1
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 27/03/2019 21:07, Justin Bertram wrote:
>> As most of you probably know there's been work underway to update the
>> ActiveMQ website for the better part of a year. That work has reached a
>> point where it makes sense to vote on whether or not it should replace the
>> existing website. The new website is available at:
>>
>>    http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-website/
>>
>> All existing links for *ActiveMQ 5.x* content should continue to work as-is.
>>
>> The source files for the new site are hosted here:
>>
>>    https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/
>>
>> This repo includes instructions on how to modify, test, & update the site.
>>

>> [ ] +1 approve the promotion of the new website to be the official ActiveMQ
>> website
>> [ ] +0 no opinion
>> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> Here's my +1
>>

>> Justin

Re: [VOTE] Website Update

michael.andre.pearce
As i stated i am happy to update the content though it wont be this week. So if releasing the new site having that content (which is on current site so it is being removed if we were to release) is a blocker for you or robbie. We have three options to go forward as i see it.

1) Revert that commit, release the new site and then ill update that area of content (i cant do it this week though ive explained on chat to justin as to why)

2) hold releasing the new site until its updated by me

3) someone else updates the content sooner, and then release.

Get Outlook for Android

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 10:08 PM +0000, "Timothy Bish" <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 3/28/19 5:47 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Changed to -1 due to recent commit removing an nms project. Will change back if thats reverted. As flagged in seperate threads.

No released NMS project was removed.  The removed bits were related to
an original attempt at an NMS.AMQP client that was never completed and
the source has since been removed, this content should have been removed
a long time ago but that ball got dropped.  The source code in the
NMS.AMQP git repo is a different work and was never released either and
requires work to get it into a releasable state, as well as a completely
new set of site docs once released.  If you are volunteering to do that
work that's great.

As Robbie stated in the other website mail thread, the bits removed from
the website was of no benefit to the user as it reference a non-existent
work.  Further since the NMS.AMQP bits are not released the foundation
policy on publication of released work prohibits pointing users towards
unreleased works.  You can update your knowledge on the release policy
here: http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#publication

> Get Outlook for Android
>

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 4:21 PM +0000, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré"  wrote:
>

> +1
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 27/03/2019 21:07, Justin Bertram wrote:
>> As most of you probably know there's been work underway to update the
>> ActiveMQ website for the better part of a year. That work has reached a
>> point where it makes sense to vote on whether or not it should replace the
>> existing website. The new website is available at:
>>
>>    http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-website/
>>
>> All existing links for *ActiveMQ 5.x* content should continue to work as-is.
>>
>> The source files for the new site are hosted here:
>>
>>    https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/
>>
>> This repo includes instructions on how to modify, test, & update the site.
>>

>> [ ] +1 approve the promotion of the new website to be the official ActiveMQ
>> website
>> [ ] +0 no opinion
>> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> Here's my +1
>>

>> Justin

Re: [VOTE] Website Update

Robbie Gemmell
I made the original change as an fix, to improve what I considered
another broken bit of the site I had found while working on it in
recent days. I am fairly baffled that you would consider the site
suitable for usage with that invalid junk content for a deleted
component restored to place, but think it unsuable now.

I won't personally revert the original commit. Someone else can feel
free. It is here:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-website.git;a=commitdiff;h=ba463fd8144b155731f835d70949c24df48ffc58

That said, I am not looking to hold up use of the new site over the
presence of a link to some useless content. Thats not why I've spent a
bunch of my time improving and fixing things over the last couple days
so that I didn't need to cast a -1 vote myself.

I have as such restored an entry for AMQP to the NMS page, linking to
the amqp provider area that existed, which now notes simply that the
component will provide AMQP 1.0 support upon release. The change is
staged here:
http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-website/components/nms/documentation
(which in turn links to
http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-website/components/nms/providers/amqp/)

I also consider that more functional than what was there to start
with. If this change is not sufficient for you, then we will indeed
need to wait for you or someone else to improve things. I will note
again that I dont think the new bits can/should be documented on that
same user-facing page yet since they have not been released, but they
can happily be documented on some developer-facing page however.

Robbie

On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 at 22:29, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As i stated i am happy to update the content though it wont be this week. So if releasing the new site having that content (which is on current site so it is being removed if we were to release) is a blocker for you or robbie. We have three options to go forward as i see it.
>

> 1) Revert that commit, release the new site and then ill update that area of content (i cant do it this week though ive explained on chat to justin as to why)
>

> 2) hold releasing the new site until its updated by me
>

> 3) someone else updates the content sooner, and then release.

> Get Outlook for Android
>

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 10:08 PM +0000, "Timothy Bish" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Changed to -1 due to recent commit removing an nms project. Will change back if thats reverted. As flagged in seperate threads.
> >
> No released NMS project was removed.  The removed bits were related to
> an original attempt at an NMS.AMQP client that was never completed and
> the source has since been removed, this content should have been removed
> a long time ago but that ball got dropped.  The source code in the
> NMS.AMQP git repo is a different work and was never released either and
> requires work to get it into a releasable state, as well as a completely
> new set of site docs once released.  If you are volunteering to do that
> work that's great.
>
> As Robbie stated in the other website mail thread, the bits removed from
> the website was of no benefit to the user as it reference a non-existent
> work.  Further since the NMS.AMQP bits are not released the foundation
> policy on publication of released work prohibits pointing users towards
> unreleased works.  You can update your knowledge on the release policy
> here: http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#publication
>

> > Get Outlook for Android
> >

> > On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 4:21 PM +0000, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré"  wrote:
> >

> > +1
> >
> > Regards
> > JB
> >
> > On 27/03/2019 21:07, Justin Bertram wrote:
> >> As most of you probably know there's been work underway to update the
> >> ActiveMQ website for the better part of a year. That work has reached a
> >> point where it makes sense to vote on whether or not it should replace the
> >> existing website. The new website is available at:
> >>
> >>    http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-website/
> >>
> >> All existing links for *ActiveMQ 5.x* content should continue to work as-is.
> >>
> >> The source files for the new site are hosted here:
> >>
> >>    https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/
> >>
> >> This repo includes instructions on how to modify, test, & update the site.
> >>

> >> [ ] +1 approve the promotion of the new website to be the official ActiveMQ
> >> website
> >> [ ] +0 no opinion
> >> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> >>
> >> Here's my +1
> >>

> >> Justin
> >>

> --
> Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Website Update

michael.andre.pearce
Ive add a bit more to that holding page. I need to still build and publish the change. But will have to wait till later once im back out of work.

Get Outlook for Android

On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 at 22:29,  wrote:

> As i stated i am happy to update the content though it wont be this week. So if releasing the new site having that content (which is on current site so it is being removed if we were to release) is a blocker for you or robbie. We have three options to go forward as i see it.
>

> 1) Revert that commit, release the new site and then ill update that area of content (i cant do it this week though ive explained on chat to justin as to why)
>

> 2) hold releasing the new site until its updated by me
>

> 3) someone else updates the content sooner, and then release.

> Get Outlook for Android
>

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 10:08 PM +0000, "Timothy Bish"  wrote:

> > Changed to -1 due to recent commit removing an nms project. Will change back if thats reverted. As flagged in seperate threads.
> >
> No released NMS project was removed.  The removed bits were related to
> an original attempt at an NMS.AMQP client that was never completed and
> the source has since been removed, this content should have been removed
> a long time ago but that ball got dropped.  The source code in the
> NMS.AMQP git repo is a different work and was never released either and
> requires work to get it into a releasable state, as well as a completely
> new set of site docs once released.  If you are volunteering to do that
> work that's great.
>
> As Robbie stated in the other website mail thread, the bits removed from
> the website was of no benefit to the user as it reference a non-existent
> work.  Further since the NMS.AMQP bits are not released the foundation
> policy on publication of released work prohibits pointing users towards
> unreleased works.  You can update your knowledge on the release policy
> here: http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#publication
>

> > Get Outlook for Android
> >

> > On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 4:21 PM +0000, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré"  wrote:
> >

> > +1
> >
> > Regards
> > JB
> >
> > On 27/03/2019 21:07, Justin Bertram wrote:
> >> As most of you probably know there's been work underway to update the
> >> ActiveMQ website for the better part of a year. That work has reached a
> >> point where it makes sense to vote on whether or not it should replace the
> >> existing website. The new website is available at:
> >>
> >>    http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-website/
> >>
> >> All existing links for *ActiveMQ 5.x* content should continue to work as-is.
> >>
> >> The source files for the new site are hosted here:
> >>
> >>    https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/
> >>
> >> This repo includes instructions on how to modify, test, & update the site.
> >>

> >> [ ] +1 approve the promotion of the new website to be the official ActiveMQ
> >> website
> >> [ ] +0 no opinion
> >> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> >>
> >> Here's my +1
> >>

> >> Justin
> >>

> --
> Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Website Update

Robbie Gemmell
I have built and staged the current version, the only updated page was
http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-website/components/nms/providers/amqp/

I made the following change first to move the note up top for
visibility and expand it a little, plus update a link:
https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/commit/c88f6f932138648b611c1b83296748c8c6343c34

Robbie

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 09:34, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > a long time ago but that ball got dropped.  The source code in the
> > NMS.AMQP git repo is a different work and was never released either and
> > requires work to get it into a releasable state, as well as a completely
> > new set of site docs once released.  If you are volunteering to do that
> > work that's great.
> >
> > As Robbie stated in the other website mail thread, the bits removed from
> > the website was of no benefit to the user as it reference a non-existent
> > work.  Further since the NMS.AMQP bits are not released the foundation
> > policy on publication of released work prohibits pointing users towards
> > unreleased works.  You can update your knowledge on the release policy
> > here: http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#publication
> >

> > > Get Outlook for Android

Re: [VOTE] Website Update

michael.andre.pearce
+1

Get Outlook for Android

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 11:52 PM +0000, "Robbie Gemmell"  wrote:

> [...]

> > On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 4:21 PM +0000, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré"  wrote:
> >

> > +1
> >
> > Regards
> > JB
> >
> > On 27/03/2019 21:07, Justin Bertram wrote:
> >> As most of you probably know there's been work underway to update the
> >> ActiveMQ website for the better part of a year. That work has reached a
> >> point where it makes sense to vote on whether or not it should replace the
> >> existing website. The new website is available at:
> >>
> >>    http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-website/
> >>
> >> All existing links for *ActiveMQ 5.x* content should continue to work as-is.
> >>
> >> The source files for the new site are hosted here:
> >>
> >>    https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/
> >>
> >> This repo includes instructions on how to modify, test, & update the site.
> >>

> >> [ ] +1 approve the promotion of the new website to be the official ActiveMQ

Re: [VOTE] Website Update

michael.andre.pearce
I saw thanks Robbie.

Back to +1 for me

Get Outlook for Android

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 09:34,  wrote:

> [...]
> > a long time ago but that ball got dropped.  The source code in the
> > NMS.AMQP git repo is a different work and was never released either and
> > requires work to get it into a releasable state, as well as a completely
> > new set of site docs once released.  If you are volunteering to do that
> > work that's great.
> >
> > As Robbie stated in the other website mail thread, the bits removed from
> > the website was of no benefit to the user as it reference a non-existent
> > work.  Further since the NMS.AMQP bits are not released the foundation
> > policy on publication of released work prohibits pointing users towards
> > unreleased works.  You can update your knowledge on the release policy
> > here: http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#publication
> >

> > > Get Outlook for Android

Re: [VOTE] Website Update

Robbie Gemmell
My mail seemed to take >10mins to work through the mailing list there
after sending, guess somethings backlogged.

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 10:48, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > > an original attempt at an NMS.AMQP client that was never completed and
> > > the source has since been removed, this content should have been removed
> > > a long time ago but that ball got dropped.  The source code in the
> > > NMS.AMQP git repo is a different work and was never released either and
> > > requires work to get it into a releasable state, as well as a completely
> > > new set of site docs once released.  If you are volunteering to do that
> > > work that's great.
> > >
> > > As Robbie stated in the other website mail thread, the bits removed from
> > > the website was of no benefit to the user as it reference a non-existent
> > > work.  Further since the NMS.AMQP bits are not released the foundation
> > > policy on publication of released work prohibits pointing users towards
> > > unreleased works.  You can update your knowledge on the release policy

Re: [VOTE] Website Update

nigro_franz

Re: [VOTE] Website Update

gaohoward