[VOTE] Release Apache NMS API 1.8.0

michaelpearce
Hi All,

I have put together a spin for a Apache NMS API release, please
check it and vote accordingly.

This release effectively updates the project to support .net standard 2.0.

Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
make the release, updating for latest visual studio, generating new
docs using docsfx, and lastly, creating a nuget package, that once
approved, we can publish to nuget.

The files can be grabbed
from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-api/1.8.0-rc1/

The JIRAs assigned are:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588

 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-585

Regards,
Michael

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS API 1.8.0

Heiser, Derek
I can't vote, but just wanted so say thanks for putting the effort into getting this update done!

~D

Michael
Follow Us: Facebook<http://www.qg.com/social1> | Twitter<http://www.qg.com/social2> | LinkedIn<http://www.qg.com/social3> | YouTube<http://www.qg.com/social4>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS API 1.8.0

michaelpearce
You can still vote, just it wont be binding. We encourage everyone to vote.

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 16:58, Heiser, Derek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can't vote, but just wanted so say thanks for putting the effort into
> getting this update done!
>
> ~D

Well, in that case, a big +1 for this change.

You can still vote, just it wont be binding. We encourage everyone to vote.

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 16:58, Heiser, Derek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can't vote, but just wanted so say thanks for putting the effort
> into getting this update done!
>
> ~D

-1

The docs and nuget package archives do not contain a proper license or
notice files

On 6/24/19 11:42 AM, Michael Pearce wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have put together a spin for a Apache NMS API release, please
> check it and vote accordingly.
>
> This release effectively updates the project to support .net standard 2.0.
>
> Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> make the release, updating for latest visual studio, generating new
> docs using docsfx, and lastly, creating a nuget package, that once
> approved, we can publish to nuget.
>
> The files can be grabbed
> from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-api/1.8.0-rc1/
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588
>
>   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-585
>

> Regards,
> Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS API 1.8.0

michael.andre.pearce
Thanks Tim for the feedback. Is that the only issue? Just to avoid too many respins.

Get Outlook for Android

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 5:08 PM +0100, "Timothy Bish" <[hidden email]> wrote:

-1

The docs and nuget package archives do not contain a proper license or
notice files

On 6/24/19 11:42 AM, Michael Pearce wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have put together a spin for a Apache NMS API release, please
> check it and vote accordingly.
>
> This release effectively updates the project to support .net standard 2.0.
>
> Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> make the release, updating for latest visual studio, generating new
> docs using docsfx, and lastly, creating a nuget package, that once
> approved, we can publish to nuget.
>
> The files can be grabbed
> from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-api/1.8.0-rc1/
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588
>
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-585
>

> Regards,
> Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS API 1.8.0

Robbie Gemmell
The licence and notice files present in the src archive are in need of
updating (they look like they are from something else entirely, e.g
broker).

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 17:13, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Tim for the feedback. Is that the only issue? Just to avoid too many respins.
>

> Get Outlook for Android
>

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 5:08 PM +0100, "Timothy Bish" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> -1
>
> The docs and nuget package archives do not contain a proper license or
> notice files
>
> On 6/24/19 11:42 AM, Michael Pearce wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have put together a spin for a Apache NMS API release, please
> > check it and vote accordingly.
> >
> > This release effectively updates the project to support .net standard 2.0.
> >
> > Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> > make the release, updating for latest visual studio, generating new
> > docs using docsfx, and lastly, creating a nuget package, that once
> > approved, we can publish to nuget.
> >
> > The files can be grabbed
> > from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-api/1.8.0-rc1/
> >
> > The JIRAs assigned are:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588
> >
> >   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-585
> >

> > Regards,
> > Michael
> >

> --
> Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS API 1.8.0

michael.andre.pearce
So theyre the existing ones that were released in previous releases.

The only bit i just spotted is date needs updating.

Get Outlook for Android

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 17:13,  wrote:

> Thanks Tim for the feedback. Is that the only issue? Just to avoid too many respins.
>

> Get Outlook for Android
>

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 5:08 PM +0100, "Timothy Bish"  wrote:
>

> -1
>
> The docs and nuget package archives do not contain a proper license or
> notice files
>
> On 6/24/19 11:42 AM, Michael Pearce wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have put together a spin for a Apache NMS API release, please
> > check it and vote accordingly.
> >
> > This release effectively updates the project to support .net standard 2.0.
> >
> > Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> > make the release, updating for latest visual studio, generating new
> > docs using docsfx, and lastly, creating a nuget package, that once
> > approved, we can publish to nuget.
> >
> > The files can be grabbed
> > from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-api/1.8.0-rc1/
> >
> > The JIRAs assigned are:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588
> >
> >   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-585
> >

> > Regards,
> > Michael
> >

> --
> Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS API 1.8.0

michaelpearce
Just sent update to notice file, to update date from 2017 to 2019
https://github.com/apache/activemq-nms-api/commit/000114da3ebe1d9eb4128b524d8b3a9a8a473c8f

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 17:29, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So theyre the existing ones that were released in previous releases.
>

> The only bit i just spotted is date needs updating.
>

> Get Outlook for Android
>

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 5:17 PM +0100, "Robbie Gemmell" <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>

> The licence and notice files present in the src archive are in need of
> updating (they look like they are from something else entirely, e.g
> broker).
>
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 17:13,  wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Tim for the feedback. Is that the only issue? Just to avoid too
> many respins.
> >

> > Get Outlook for Android
> >

> > On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 5:08 PM +0100, "Timothy Bish"  wrote:
> >

> > -1
> >
> > The docs and nuget package archives do not contain a proper license or
> > notice files
> >
> > On 6/24/19 11:42 AM, Michael Pearce wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I have put together a spin for a Apache NMS API release, please
> > > check it and vote accordingly.
> > >
> > > This release effectively updates the project to support .net standard
> 2.0.
> > >
> > > Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> > > make the release, updating for latest visual studio, generating new
> > > docs using docsfx, and lastly, creating a nuget package, that once
> > > approved, we can publish to nuget.
> > >
> > > The files can be grabbed
> > > from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-api/1.8.0-rc1/
> > >
> > > The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588
> > >
> > >   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-585
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Michael
> > >

> > --
> > Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS API 1.8.0

Robbie Gemmell
For the NOTICE, the date needs updating, the name should probably
reference that its for the NMS API,  the header is just junk and
should be removed.
The LICENCE file is seemingly full of a host of detail for
Java-specific things that I doubt are shipped as part of the NMS API
source release. It should reference only things relevent to the
archive contents.

I'm also seeing oddness around some dirs in the src archive (e.g.
test/nms-api-test/bin/Debug and test/nms-api-test/obj/Debug) that upon
extraction I dont have permission to. Viewing in the zip content
listing suggests has further subdirs for different framework versions.
Are these expected to be restricted like this, or present at all?
(First time reviewing an NMS

Robbie

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 17:29, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So theyre the existing ones that were released in previous releases.
>

> The only bit i just spotted is date needs updating.
>

> Get Outlook for Android
>

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 5:17 PM +0100, "Robbie Gemmell" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> The licence and notice files present in the src archive are in need of
> updating (they look like they are from something else entirely, e.g
> broker).
>
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 17:13,  wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Tim for the feedback. Is that the only issue? Just to avoid too many respins.
> >

> > Get Outlook for Android
> >

> > On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 5:08 PM +0100, "Timothy Bish"  wrote:
> >

> > -1
> >
> > The docs and nuget package archives do not contain a proper license or
> > notice files
> >
> > On 6/24/19 11:42 AM, Michael Pearce wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I have put together a spin for a Apache NMS API release, please
> > > check it and vote accordingly.
> > >
> > > This release effectively updates the project to support .net standard 2.0.
> > >
> > > Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> > > make the release, updating for latest visual studio, generating new
> > > docs using docsfx, and lastly, creating a nuget package, that once
> > > approved, we can publish to nuget.
> > >
> > > The files can be grabbed
> > > from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-api/1.8.0-rc1/
> > >
> > > The JIRAs assigned are:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588
> > >
> > >   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-585
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Michael
> > >

> > --
> > Tim Bish

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS API 1.8.0

Heiser, Derek
I would say that source directories shouldn't have /bin or /obj at all and can be added to .gitignore to prevent them from being committed.

~D

For the NOTICE, the date needs updating, the name should probably reference that its for the NMS API,  the header is just junk and should be removed.
The LICENCE file is seemingly full of a host of detail for Java-specific things that I doubt are shipped as part of the NMS API source release. It should reference only things relevent to the archive contents.

I'm also seeing oddness around some dirs in the src archive (e.g.
test/nms-api-test/bin/Debug and test/nms-api-test/obj/Debug) that upon extraction I dont have permission to. Viewing in the zip content listing suggests has further subdirs for different framework versions.
Are these expected to be restricted like this, or present at all?
(First time reviewing an NMS

Robbie

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 17:29, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So theyre the existing ones that were released in previous releases.
>

> The only bit i just spotted is date needs updating.
>

> Get Outlook for Android
>

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 5:17 PM +0100, "Robbie Gemmell" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> The licence and notice files present in the src archive are in need of
> updating (they look like they are from something else entirely, e.g
> broker).
>
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 17:13,  wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Tim for the feedback. Is that the only issue? Just to avoid too many respins.
> >

> > Get Outlook for Android
> >

> > On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 5:08 PM +0100, "Timothy Bish"  wrote:
> >

> > -1
> >
> > The docs and nuget package archives do not contain a proper license
> > or notice files
> >
> > On 6/24/19 11:42 AM, Michael Pearce wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I have put together a spin for a Apache NMS API release, please
> > > check it and vote accordingly.
> > >
> > > This release effectively updates the project to support .net standard 2.0.
> > >
> > > Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> > > make the release, updating for latest visual studio, generating
> > > new docs using docsfx, and lastly, creating a nuget package, that
> > > once approved, we can publish to nuget.
> > >
> > > The files can be grabbed
> > > from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-
> > > api/1.8.0-rc1/
> > >
> > > The JIRAs assigned
> > > are:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588
> > >
> > >   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-585
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Michael
> > >

> > --
> > Tim Bish

Follow Us: Facebook<http://www.qg.com/social1> | Twitter<http://www.qg.com/social2> | LinkedIn<http://www.qg.com/social3> | YouTube<http://www.qg.com/social4>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS API 1.8.0

Robbie Gemmell
I didnt actually check yesterday but upon doing so the dirs/files dont
look to be in the repo
(https://github.com/apache/activemq-nms-api/tree/1.8.0-rc1/test/nms-api-test)
and do seem to be ignored already
(https://github.com/apache/activemq-nms-api/blob/1.8.0-rc1/.gitignore#L4-L5).
I guess it just relates to usage of the content and the process around
creating the archive.

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 19:00, Heiser, Derek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would say that source directories shouldn't have /bin or /obj at all and can be added to .gitignore to prevent them from being committed.
>
> ~D

Yes it looks to just be the zipping up process. Just working through to exclude those

Get Outlook for Android

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 19:00, Heiser, Derek  wrote:

> I would say that source directories shouldn't have /bin or /obj at all and can be added to .gitignore to prevent them from being committed.
>
> ~D

Its just a packing issue, we forgot in the package script to exclude those. Good find guys

Get Outlook for Android

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 7:00 PM +0100, "Heiser, Derek" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I would say that source directories shouldn't have /bin or /obj at all and can be added to .gitignore to prevent them from being committed.

~D

For the NOTICE, the date needs updating, the name should probably reference that its for the NMS API,  the header is just junk and should be removed.
The LICENCE file is seemingly full of a host of detail for Java-specific things that I doubt are shipped as part of the NMS API source release. It should reference only things relevent to the archive contents.

I'm also seeing oddness around some dirs in the src archive (e.g.
test/nms-api-test/bin/Debug and test/nms-api-test/obj/Debug) that upon extraction I dont have permission to. Viewing in the zip content listing suggests has further subdirs for different framework versions.
Are these expected to be restricted like this, or present at all?
(First time reviewing an NMS

Robbie

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 17:29,  wrote:

> So theyre the existing ones that were released in previous releases.
>

> The only bit i just spotted is date needs updating.
>

> Get Outlook for Android
>

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 5:17 PM +0100, "Robbie Gemmell"  wrote:
>

> The licence and notice files present in the src archive are in need of
> updating (they look like they are from something else entirely, e.g
> broker).
>
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 17:13,  wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Tim for the feedback. Is that the only issue? Just to avoid too many respins.
> >

> > Get Outlook for Android
> >

> > On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 5:08 PM +0100, "Timothy Bish"  wrote:
> >

> > -1
> >
> > The docs and nuget package archives do not contain a proper license
> > or notice files
> >
> > On 6/24/19 11:42 AM, Michael Pearce wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I have put together a spin for a Apache NMS API release, please
> > > check it and vote accordingly.
> > >
> > > This release effectively updates the project to support .net standard 2.0.
> > >
> > > Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> > > make the release, updating for latest visual studio, generating
> > > new docs using docsfx, and lastly, creating a nuget package, that
> > > once approved, we can publish to nuget.
> > >
> > > The files can be grabbed
> > > from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-
> > > api/1.8.0-rc1/
> > >
> > > The JIRAs assigned
> > > are:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588
> > >
> > >   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-585
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Michael
> > >

> > --
> > Tim Bish

Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS API 1.8.0

michael.andre.pearce
Thanks all for the review.

Please consider the VOTE for 1.8.0 rc1 as cancelled.

I will re spin a 1.8.0 rc2 shortly hopefully addressing all feedback.

Get Outlook for Android