[VOTE[ Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0

michaelpearce
Hi All,

I have put together a spin for a Apache NMS AMQP release, please
check it and vote accordingly.

This release effectively will be the first release of a NMS AMQP client..

Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
make the release, updating for latest visual studio, and lastly,
creating a nuget package, that once approved, we can publish to nuget.

The files can be grabbed
from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc1/

The JIRAs assigned for this release can be found:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP

Regards,
Michael

Re: [VOTE[ Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0

Krzysztof
+1 non binding

Thanks,
Krzysztof

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 12:49 PM Michael Pearce <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have put together a spin for a Apache NMS AMQP release, please
> check it and vote accordingly.
>
> This release effectively will be the first release of a NMS AMQP client..
>
> Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> make the release, updating for latest visual studio, and lastly,
> creating a nuget package, that once approved, we can publish to nuget.
>
> The files can be grabbed
> from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc1/
>
> The JIRAs assigned for this release can be found:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP
>

> Regards,
> Michael

Re: [VOTE[ Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0

dpauls
+1 non binding.

Nice to see this, great work!

Cheers,
Duane

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 7:59 AM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 non binding
>
> Thanks,
> Krzysztof
>
> On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 12:49 PM Michael Pearce <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have put together a spin for a Apache NMS AMQP release, please
> > check it and vote accordingly.
> >
> > This release effectively will be the first release of a NMS AMQP client..
> >
> > Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> > make the release, updating for latest visual studio, and lastly,
> > creating a nuget package, that once approved, we can publish to nuget.
> >
> > The files can be grabbed
> > from:
> >
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc1/
> >
> > The JIRAs assigned for this release can be found:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP
> >

> > Regards,
> > Michael

Re: [VOTE[ Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0

Robbie Gemmell
-1  (non-binding)

- There is content in the archive permissioned in a way that you cant
access / delete it once you extract it, a little like the initial
1.8.0 API RC archive had.
- There are some files that should have headers which dont. Unfiltered
RAT output summary below.

Seperately from that, I'd suggest having a parent dir for the
contents, unless theres a reason it isnt possible? Most releases have
them and I'd say its far nicer overall but particularly when extracing
things, and also helps when e.g .dll's dont have version numbers in
their filename. I tend to make the source one differ with a -src
suffix to aid side by side extraction also.

I guess 1.8.0 was selected given prior versioning behaviour for some
of the other NMS impls? Feels a little strange for the first release,
plus is that meaning only 1.8.x releases until the API changes? Now
would seem to be the best time to do something different if it was
thought desirable.

Robbie

Summary
-------
Generated at: 2019-10-03T16:13:46+01:00

Notes: 2
Binaries: 3
Archives: 0
Standards: 225

Apache Licensed: 201
Generated Documents: 0

JavaDocs are generated, thus a license header is optional.
Generated files do not require license headers.

24 Unknown Licenses

Files with unapproved licenses:

  ./README.md
  ./apache-nms-amqp.sln
  ./src/NMS.AMQP/NmsDurableTopicSubscriber.cs
  ./src/NMS.AMQP/Meta/TransactionInfo.cs
  ./src/PingPong/Ping.cs
  ./src/PingPong/PingPong.csproj
  ./src/PingPong/Pong.cs
  ./src/PingPong/Program.cs
  ./src/PingPong/Stats.cs
  ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/NLog.config
  ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/TestSuite.config
  ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/Integration/MessageExpirationIntegrationTest.cs
  ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/TestAmqp/NLogAdapter.cs
  ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/TestAmqp/BasicTypes/ConnectionError.cs
  ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/TestAmqp/BasicTypes/FrameCodes.cs
  ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/TestAmqp/BasicTypes/TerminusExpiryPolicy.cs
  ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/Adapter.runsettings
  ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/ReadMe.md
  ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/broker.crt
  ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/broker.key
  ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/ca.crt
  ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/ca.key
  ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/client.crt
  ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/client.key

On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 at 11:49, Michael Pearce <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have put together a spin for a Apache NMS AMQP release, please
> check it and vote accordingly.
>
> This release effectively will be the first release of a NMS AMQP client..
>
> Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> make the release, updating for latest visual studio, and lastly,
> creating a nuget package, that once approved, we can publish to nuget.
>
> The files can be grabbed
> from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc1/
>
> The JIRAs assigned for this release can be found:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP
>

> Regards,
> Michael

Re: [VOTE[ Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0

clebertsuconic
+1

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 11:57 AM Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have put together a spin for a Apache NMS AMQP release, please
> > check it and vote accordingly.
> >
> > This release effectively will be the first release of a NMS AMQP client..
> >
> > Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> > make the release, updating for latest visual studio, and lastly,
> > creating a nuget package, that once approved, we can publish to nuget.
> >
> > The files can be grabbed
> > from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc1/
> >
> > The JIRAs assigned for this release can be found:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP
> >

> > Regards,
> > Michael

Re: [VOTE[ Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0

Hi Robbie,

Ad 1: Could you elaborate a little about this? I've just downloaded all the
bits to my home machine, unpacked it, and removed successfully.
Ad 2: I've submitted PR which adds missing license headers.

Thank you so much for feedback. I hope that next spin will be
more successful.

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 9:17 PM Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> > > check it and vote accordingly.
> > >
> > > This release effectively will be the first release of a NMS AMQP
> client..
> > >
> > > Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> > > make the release, updating for latest visual studio, and lastly,
> > > creating a nuget package, that once approved, we can publish to nuget.
> > >
> > > The files can be grabbed
> > > from:
> >
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc1/
> > >
> > > The JIRAs assigned for this release can be found:
> > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Michael

> Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE[ Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0

tabish121@gmail.com
-1 (binding)

On 10/3/19 3:30 PM, Krzysztof wrote:
> Hi Robbie,
>
> Ad 1: Could you elaborate a little about this? I've just downloaded all the
> bits to my home machine, unpacked it, and removed successfully.

I've downloaded the binaries and can confirm that on a linux machine the
src archive extracts and then cannot be removed without an sudo to force
remove the files that have permission issues.

rm -rf test/
rm: cannot remove 'test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/Test/Util': Permission denied
rm: cannot remove 'test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/Test/Attribute': Permission
denied
rm: cannot remove 'test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/Test/TestCase': Permission
denied

> [...]
>>>    ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/Adapter.runsettings
>>>    ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/ReadMe.md
>>>    ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/broker.crt
>>>    ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/broker.key
>>>    ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/ca.crt
>>>    ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/ca.key
>>>    ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/client.crt
>>>    ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/client.key
>>>
>>> *****************************************************

>> client..

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc1/
>>>>

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP

>> --
>> Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE[ Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0

michael.andre.pearce
Re version this was because there was a 1.7.x line of an attempt that didn't complete and never released.

That older code base that was moved to a branch incase someone used it (was a discussion on that i believe back at the time).

To avoid any issues or clashes in future it is natural and simpler to just go with 1.8.x , as then just avoids causing any issues if someone has gone and built and used that branch.

Get Outlook for Android

On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 at 11:49, Michael Pearce  wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have put together a spin for a Apache NMS AMQP release, please
> check it and vote accordingly.
>
> This release effectively will be the first release of a NMS AMQP client..
>
> Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> make the release, updating for latest visual studio, and lastly,
> creating a nuget package, that once approved, we can publish to nuget.
>
> The files can be grabbed
> from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc1/
>
> The JIRAs assigned for this release can be found:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP
>

> Regards,
> Michael

Re: [VOTE[ Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0

michael.andre.pearce
Hi Tim

Im assuming your -1 is for same couole of points Robbie noted. But just want to confirm.

Best

Mike

Get Outlook for Android

Re: [VOTE[ Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0

Robbie Gemmell
Tim's mail expanded on the issue I was seeing.

On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 at 20:30, Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > >   ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/Adapter.runsettings
> > >   ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/ReadMe.md
> > >   ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/broker.crt
> > >   ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/broker.key
> > >   ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/ca.crt
> > >   ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/ca.key
> > >   ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/client.crt
> > >   ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/client.key
> > >
> > > *****************************************************

> > client..

> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc1/

> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP

> > Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE[ Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0

Ok, still feels a little odd to me but its not particularly important.

On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 at 23:49, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have put together a spin for a Apache NMS AMQP release, please
> > check it and vote accordingly.
> >
> > This release effectively will be the first release of a NMS AMQP client..
> >
> > Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> > make the release, updating for latest visual studio, and lastly,
> > creating a nuget package, that once approved, we can publish to nuget.
> >
> > The files can be grabbed
> > from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc1/
> >
> > The JIRAs assigned for this release can be found:
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP
> >

> > Regards,
> > Michael

Re: [VOTE[ Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0

Hi Guys,

I've just spinned up a virtual machine with Ubuntu to try to reproduce your problem with removing the unzipped archive, but it worked for me. Here's the log from the terminal:

I'm by no means a Linux ninja, hence could you please tell what exact steps should I take to reproduce the issue?

Thanks,

Krzysztof

On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 at 23:49, <[hidden email].invalid> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have put together a spin for a Apache NMS AMQP release, please
> > check it and vote accordingly.
> >
> > This release effectively will be the first release of a NMS AMQP client..
> >
> > Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> > make the release, updating for latest visual studio, and lastly,
> > creating a nuget package, that once approved, we can publish to nuget.
> >
> > The files can be grabbed
> > from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc1/
> >
> > The JIRAs assigned for this release can be found:
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP
> >

> > Regards,
> > Michael

Re: [VOTE[ Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0

Your image didnt come through, the list strips mosts such things, but this
is all im doing:

$ unzip Apache.NMS.AMQP-1.8.0-src.zip

Then trying to remove e.g the test dir gives:
$ rm -rf test/
rm: cannot remove 'test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/Test/TestCase': Permission
denied
rm: cannot remove 'test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/Test/Attribute': Permission
denied
rm: cannot remove 'test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/Test/Util': Permission denied

I'm seeing this on a couple of different Fedora systems. I believe Tim used
a different distro when he saw it. The test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/Test dir
does show up differently than all the other entries when doing a verbose
listing of the zip contents.

(Note, the above also shows how having a parent dir in the archive would be
nice, saves creating dirs before extraction or having to cleanup all the
individual sub items from the current dir afterwards)

Robbie

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 at 17:31, Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> >
>>  ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/TestAmqp/BasicTypes/TerminusExpiryPolicy.cs
>> >   ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/Adapter.runsettings
>> >   ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/ReadMe.md
>> >   ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/broker.crt
>> >   ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/broker.key
>> >   ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/ca.crt
>> >   ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/ca.key
>> >   ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/client.crt
>> >   ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/config/cert/client.key
>> >
>> > *****************************************************

>> client..

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc1/

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP

Re: [VOTE[ Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0

Ok,

I was able to reproduce the issue. It occurs when I unzip the archive from
command line.

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 8:10 PM Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Your image didnt come through, the list strips mosts such things, but this
> is all im doing:
>
> $ unzip Apache.NMS.AMQP-1.8.0-src.zip
>
> Then trying to remove e.g the test dir gives:
> $ rm -rf test/
> rm: cannot remove 'test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/Test/TestCase': Permission
> denied
> rm: cannot remove 'test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/Test/Attribute': Permission
> denied
> rm: cannot remove 'test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/Test/Util': Permission denied
>
> I'm seeing this on a couple of different Fedora systems. I believe Tim used
> a different distro when he saw it. The test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/Test dir
> does show up differently than all the other entries when doing a verbose
> listing of the zip contents.
>
> (Note, the above also shows how having a parent dir in the archive would be
> nice, saves creating dirs before extraction or having to cleanup all the
> individual sub items from the current dir afterwards)
>
> Robbie
>
> On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 at 17:31, Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > I've just spinned up a virtual machine with Ubuntu to try to reproduce
> > your problem with removing the unzipped archive, but it worked for me.
> > Here's the log from the terminal:
> >
> > [image: image.png]
> >

> > I'm by no means a Linux ninja, hence could you please tell what exact
> > steps should I take to reproduce the issue?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Krzysztof
> >

> > On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 11:19 AM Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Ok, still feels a little odd to me but its not particularly important.

> >> didn't complete and never released.

> >> (was a discussion on that i believe back at the time).

> >> just go with 1.8.x , as then just avoids causing any issues if someone
> has
> >> gone and built and used that branch.

> ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/Integration/MessageExpirationIntegrationTest.cs
> >> >
> >>  ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/TestAmqp/BasicTypes/TerminusExpiryPolicy.cs

> >> client..

> nuget.

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc1/

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP

Re: [VOTE[ Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0

Krzysztof
Apparently there is a bug in PowerShell Compres-Achrive cmdlet
https://github.com/PowerShell/Microsoft.PowerShell.Archive/issues/36

I'm not sure however why only this one directory is affected by it. I
checked out the repo on linux box and the permissions are set correctly.

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 7:10 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok,
>
> I was able to reproduce the issue. It occurs when I unzip the archive from
> command line.
>
> On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 8:10 PM Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Your image didnt come through, the list strips mosts such things, but this
>> is all im doing:
>>
>> $ unzip Apache.NMS.AMQP-1.8.0-src.zip
>>
>> Then trying to remove e.g the test dir gives:
>> $ rm -rf test/
>> rm: cannot remove 'test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/Test/TestCase': Permission
>> denied
>> rm: cannot remove 'test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/Test/Attribute': Permission
>> denied
>> rm: cannot remove 'test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/Test/Util': Permission denied
>>
>> I'm seeing this on a couple of different Fedora systems. I believe Tim
>> used
>> a different distro when he saw it. The test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/Test dir
>> does show up differently than all the other entries when doing a verbose
>> listing of the zip contents.
>>
>> (Note, the above also shows how having a parent dir in the archive would
>> be
>> nice, saves creating dirs before extraction or having to cleanup all the
>> individual sub items from the current dir afterwards)
>>
>> Robbie
>>
>> On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 at 17:31, Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Guys,
>> >
>> > I've just spinned up a virtual machine with Ubuntu to try to reproduce
>> > your problem with removing the unzipped archive, but it worked for me.
>> > Here's the log from the terminal:
>> >
>> > [image: image.png]
>> >

>> > I'm by no means a Linux ninja, hence could you please tell what exact
>> > steps should I take to reproduce the issue?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Krzysztof
>> >

>> > On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 11:19 AM Robbie Gemmell <
>> [hidden email]>

>> it

>> has

>> Unfiltered

>> extracing

>> ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/Integration/MessageExpirationIntegrationTest.cs
>> >> >

>> ./test/Apache-NMS-AMQP-Test/TestAmqp/BasicTypes/TerminusExpiryPolicy.cs

>> nuget.

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc1/

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP

Re: [VOTE[ Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0

Krzysztof
It seems we just need to use new version of
https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/Microsoft.PowerShell.Archive/1.2.3.0

https://mikebridge.github.io/post/windows-tar-gzip-for-linux/