[VOTE] Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0 - RC2

[VOTE] Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0 - RC2

michaelpearce
Hi All,

Thanks all how reviewed rc1, hopefully all the points raised are now resolved.

I have put together a second spin for a Apache NMS AMQP release, please
check it and vote accordingly.

This release effectively will be the first release of a NMS AMQP client..

Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
make the release, updating for latest visual studio, and lastly,
creating a nuget package, that once approved, we can publish to nuget.

The files can be grabbed
from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc2/

The JIRAs assigned for this release can be found:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP

Regards,
Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0 - RC2

jbonofre
+1 (non binding)

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0 - RC2

Ragnar Paulson
+1 (non-binding)

Kudos to Michael and Krzysztof for taking this on and completing it.  I'm
happy to see it move forward.

Ragnar

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 11:18 AM Michael Pearce <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks all how reviewed rc1, hopefully all the points raised are now
> resolved.
>
> I have put together a second spin for a Apache NMS AMQP release, please
> check it and vote accordingly.
>
> This release effectively will be the first release of a NMS AMQP client..
>
> Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> make the release, updating for latest visual studio, and lastly,
> creating a nuget package, that once approved, we can publish to nuget.
>
> The files can be grabbed
> from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc2/
>
> The JIRAs assigned for this release can be found:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP
>

> Regards,
> Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0 - RC2

dpauls
+1 (non-binding)

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 12:53 PM Ragnar Paulson <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> Kudos to Michael and Krzysztof for taking this on and completing it.  I'm
> happy to see it move forward.
>
> Ragnar
>

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 11:18 AM Michael Pearce <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Thanks all how reviewed rc1, hopefully all the points raised are now
> > resolved.
> >
> > I have put together a second spin for a Apache NMS AMQP release, please
> > check it and vote accordingly.
> >
> > This release effectively will be the first release of a NMS AMQP client..
> >
> > Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> > make the release, updating for latest visual studio, and lastly,
> > creating a nuget package, that once approved, we can publish to nuget.
> >
> > The files can be grabbed
> > from:
> >
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc2/
> >
> > The JIRAs assigned for this release can be found:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP
> >

> > Regards,
> > Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0 - RC2

cmorgan
+1 (non-binding)
Build the package on linux and windows
Ran the unit tests, passed
Ran the interop tests, passed (against two brokers)

Thanks for all the work put into this.

Chris Morgan

-----
Chris Morgan
Chris Morgan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0 - RC2

+1 (Binding)

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks all how reviewed rc1, hopefully all the points raised are now resolved.
>
> I have put together a second spin for a Apache NMS AMQP release, please
> check it and vote accordingly.
>
> This release effectively will be the first release of a NMS AMQP client..
>
> Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> make the release, updating for latest visual studio, and lastly,
> creating a nuget package, that once approved, we can publish to nuget.
>
> The files can be grabbed
> from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc2/
>
> The JIRAs assigned for this release can be found:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP
>

> Regards,
> Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0 - RC2

Krzysztof
+1 (non-binding)

Apart from what Chris has done, I've tried to unzip package on Linux box
and remove the test dir content using terminal (successfully).

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 4:47 PM Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1 (Binding)
>
> On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 11:18 AM Michael Pearce
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Thanks all how reviewed rc1, hopefully all the points raised are now
> resolved.
> >
> > I have put together a second spin for a Apache NMS AMQP release, please
> > check it and vote accordingly.
> >
> > This release effectively will be the first release of a NMS AMQP client..
> >
> > Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> > make the release, updating for latest visual studio, and lastly,
> > creating a nuget package, that once approved, we can publish to nuget.
> >
> > The files can be grabbed
> > from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc2/
> >
> > The JIRAs assigned for this release can be found:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP
> >

> > Regards,
> > Michael

> Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0 - RC2

michael.andre.pearce
Hi PMC

Just need one more binding vote. If someone could be so kind?

Best

Mike

Get Outlook for Android

wrote:

> +1 (Binding)
>
> On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 11:18 AM Michael Pearce
>  wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Thanks all how reviewed rc1, hopefully all the points raised are now
> resolved.
> >
> > I have put together a second spin for a Apache NMS AMQP release, please
> > check it and vote accordingly.
> >
> > This release effectively will be the first release of a NMS AMQP client..
> >
> > Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> > make the release, updating for latest visual studio, and lastly,
> > creating a nuget package, that once approved, we can publish to nuget.
> >
> > The files can be grabbed
> > from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc2/
> >
> > The JIRAs assigned for this release can be found:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP
> >

> > Regards,
> > Michael
>

> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0 - RC2

jbertram
My reading of the Apache documentation on release approval [1] indicates
you've already got the required votes for the release to pass. It says:

  For a release vote to pass, a minimum of three positive votes and more
positive than negative votes MUST be cast. Releases may not be vetoed.
Votes cast by PMC members are binding.

So, you need 3 votes and more positive than negative votes (which you've
received). It doesn't say you need 3 binding votes. It just says PMC votes
are binding (which has other implications). Perhaps I'm interpreting this
incorrectly. I'd welcome any feedback.

It also says:

  Before casting +1 binding votes, individuals are REQUIRED to download all
signed source code packages onto their own hardware, verify that they meet
all requirements of ASF policy on releases as described below, validate all
cryptographic signatures, compile as provided, and test the result on their
own platform.

I'm not set up here to test an NMS release which is why I haven't voted.

Sorry if I'm derailing this [VOTE] thread.

Justin

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 10:01 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi PMC
>

> Just need one more binding vote. If someone could be so kind?
>

> Best
>

> Mike
>

> Get Outlook for Android
>

> On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 4:56 PM +0000, "Krzysztof" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> Apart from what Chris has done, I've tried to unzip package on Linux box
> and remove the test dir content using terminal (successfully).
>
> On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 4:47 PM Clebert Suconic
> wrote:
>
> > +1 (Binding)
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 11:18 AM Michael Pearce
> >  wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > Thanks all how reviewed rc1, hopefully all the points raised are now
> > resolved.
> > >
> > > I have put together a second spin for a Apache NMS AMQP release, please
> > > check it and vote accordingly.
> > >
> > > This release effectively will be the first release of a NMS AMQP
> client..
> > >
> > > Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> > > make the release, updating for latest visual studio, and lastly,
> > > creating a nuget package, that once approved, we can publish to nuget.
> > >
> > > The files can be grabbed
> > > from:
> >
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc2/
> > >
> > > The JIRAs assigned for this release can be found:
> > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Michael
> >

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0 - RC2

Martyn Taylor-2
+1 (Binding)

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 3:18 PM Michael Pearce <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks all how reviewed rc1, hopefully all the points raised are now
> resolved.
>
> I have put together a second spin for a Apache NMS AMQP release, please
> check it and vote accordingly.
>
> This release effectively will be the first release of a NMS AMQP client..
>
> Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> make the release, updating for latest visual studio, and lastly,
> creating a nuget package, that once approved, we can publish to nuget.
>
> The files can be grabbed
> from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc2/
>
> The JIRAs assigned for this release can be found:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP
>

> Regards,
> Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0 - RC2

Robbie Gemmell
Historically at least it was always the that case you needed 3 binding
 +1 votes minimum (and more + than -), which is why PMCs needed to
have at least 3 active members or be considered for the attic, as it
is the PMC that must agree to the release happening.

I'd agree the page you linked isnt really clear on that though. I'm
not sure if thats still meant to be implied since it speaks of the PMC
obeying the requirements, and then min 3 positive votes, plus whos
votes are binding..or whether there was an actual policy shift. I'd
expect its the former though.

This page which I've typically seen referred to before, still details
the 3 binding +1 votes requirement:
https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes

I see 2 PMC votes cast from Clebert+Martyn and another implied from
Michael (apologies anyone else is on the PMC and I didn't realise),
which if cast would get the required 3.

Robbie

On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 at 16:51, Justin Bertram <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My reading of the Apache documentation on release approval [1] indicates
> you've already got the required votes for the release to pass. It says:
>
>   For a release vote to pass, a minimum of three positive votes and more
> positive than negative votes MUST be cast. Releases may not be vetoed.
> Votes cast by PMC members are binding.
>
> So, you need 3 votes and more positive than negative votes (which you've
> received). It doesn't say you need 3 binding votes. It just says PMC votes
> are binding (which has other implications). Perhaps I'm interpreting this
> incorrectly. I'd welcome any feedback.
>
> It also says:
>
>   Before casting +1 binding votes, individuals are REQUIRED to download all
> signed source code packages onto their own hardware, verify that they meet
> all requirements of ASF policy on releases as described below, validate all
> cryptographic signatures, compile as provided, and test the result on their
> own platform.
>
> I'm not set up here to test an NMS release which is why I haven't voted.
>
> Sorry if I'm derailing this [VOTE] thread.
>

> Justin
>
> [1] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval
>
> On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 10:01 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi PMC
> >

> > Just need one more binding vote. If someone could be so kind?
> >

> > Best
> >

> > Mike
> >

> > Get Outlook for Android
> >

> > On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 4:56 PM +0000, "Krzysztof" <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >

> > +1 (non-binding)
> >
> > Apart from what Chris has done, I've tried to unzip package on Linux box
> > and remove the test dir content using terminal (successfully).
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 4:47 PM Clebert Suconic
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1 (Binding)

> > > resolved.

> > client..

> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc2/

> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP

> > > --
> > > Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0 - RC2

jbertram
Thanks for the clarification, Robbie. The link you provided was helpful.
Cheers!

Justin

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 11:13 AM Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> > >

> > > Best
> > >

> > > Mike
> > >

> > > Get Outlook for Android
> > >

> > > On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 4:56 PM +0000, "Krzysztof" <[hidden email]>
> > > wrote:
> > >

> > > +1 (non-binding)
> > >
> > > Apart from what Chris has done, I've tried to unzip package on Linux
> box
> > > and remove the test dir content using terminal (successfully).

> now

> please

> > > client..

> nuget.

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc2/

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0 - RC2

I agree with Robbie.

I didn't vote due to my lack of knowledge on the NMS part. So, I would
like to take more time to be familiar with this part before casting a
vote (my vote is non binding anyway as I'm not PMC member).

However, you already got three binding votes so you are good to close
the vote.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0 - RC2

Robbie Gemmell
In case you originally meant to direct it elsewhere instead...you
actually did cast the first vote in the thread.

On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 at 17:19, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >> incorrectly. I'd welcome any feedback.
> >>
> >> It also says:
> >>
> >>   Before casting +1 binding votes, individuals are REQUIRED to download all
> >> signed source code packages onto their own hardware, verify that they meet
> >> all requirements of ASF policy on releases as described below, validate all
> >> cryptographic signatures, compile as provided, and test the result on their
> >> own platform.
> >>
> >> I'm not set up here to test an NMS release which is why I haven't voted.
> >>
> >> Sorry if I'm derailing this [VOTE] thread.
> >>

> >> Justin
> >>
> >> [1] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0 - RC2

+1 Binding (just so its clear for the records)

As now have 3 bindings, i will shortly send the result mail.

On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 at 17:13, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> > own platform.
> >
> > I'm not set up here to test an NMS release which is why I haven't voted.
> >
> > Sorry if I'm derailing this [VOTE] thread.
> >

> > Justin
> >
> > [1] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 10:01 AM <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi PMC
> > >

> > > Just need one more binding vote. If someone could be so kind?
> > >

> > > Best
> > >

> > > Mike
> > >

> > > Get Outlook for Android
> > >

> > > On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 4:56 PM +0000, "Krzysztof" <[hidden email]>
> > > wrote:
> > >

> > > +1 (non-binding)
> > >
> > > Apart from what Chris has done, I've tried to unzip package on Linux
> box
> > > and remove the test dir content using terminal (successfully).

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0 - RC2

michaelpearce
Results of the Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0 - RC2 release vote.

Vote passes with 8 votes.

The following votes were received:

+1 Votres:

Binding
Michael Andre Pearce
Clebert Suconic
Martyn Taylor

Non Binding:
Chris Morgan
Duane Pauls
Jean-Baptiste Onofre
Ragnar Paulson
Krzysztof Porebski

There were no -1 or 0 votes cast.

Thank you to everyone who contributed and took the time to review the
release candidates and vote.

Its great to see a revived and active .net community around activemq.

I'll move forward with the getting the release out and updating the
relevant documentation.

Regards

*Michael*

On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 at 16:58, Martyn Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (Binding)
>
> On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 3:18 PM Michael Pearce <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Thanks all how reviewed rc1, hopefully all the points raised are now
> > resolved.
> >
> > I have put together a second spin for a Apache NMS AMQP release, please
> > check it and vote accordingly.
> >
> > This release effectively will be the first release of a NMS AMQP client..
> >
> > Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> > make the release, updating for latest visual studio, and lastly,
> > creating a nuget package, that once approved, we can publish to nuget.
> >
> > The files can be grabbed
> > from:
> >
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-amqp/1.8.0-rc2/
> >
> > The JIRAs assigned for this release can be found:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-618?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQNET%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8.0%20AND%20component%20%3D%20AMQP
> >

> > Regards,
> > Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS AMQP 1.8.0 - RC2

jbonofre
Sorry, I meant for Artemis Native vote, sorry for the cross meaning.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré