[VOTE] Release Apache NMS 1.8.0 - Release Candidate 6

[VOTE] Release Apache NMS 1.8.0 - Release Candidate 6

michaelpearce
Hi All,

I have put together another re-spin rc6 correcting sha's based on
Tim's feedback, for an Apache NMS API release, please
check it and vote accordingly.

This release effectively updates the project to support .net standard 2.0.

Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
make the release, updating for latest visual studio, generating new
docs using docsfx, and lastly, creating a nuget package, that once
approved, we can publish to nuget.

The files for rc6 can be grabbed
from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-api/1.8.0-rc6/

The JIRAs assigned are:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588

 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-585

Regards,
Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS 1.8.0 - Release Candidate 6

Havret
Looks good to me. +1.

Regards,
Krzysztof Porębski

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 6:29 PM Michael Pearce <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have put together another re-spin rc6 correcting sha's based on
> Tim's feedback, for an Apache NMS API release, please
> check it and vote accordingly.
>
> This release effectively updates the project to support .net standard 2.0.
>
> Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> make the release, updating for latest visual studio, generating new
> docs using docsfx, and lastly, creating a nuget package, that once
> approved, we can publish to nuget.
>
> The files for rc6 can be grabbed
> from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-api/1.8.0-rc6/
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588
>
>  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-585
>

> Regards,
> Michael

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS 1.8.0 - Release Candidate 6

Heiser, Derek
+1

Thanks for the excellent discussion on what needs to happen for a release and some things to look into (sha, especially). This is all very new to me and quite eye-opening. Thanks for everyone's hard work on the review side as well as the development side.

wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have put together another re-spin rc6 correcting sha's based on
> Tim's feedback, for an Apache NMS API release, please check it and
> vote accordingly.
>
> This release effectively updates the project to support .net standard 2.0.
>
> Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> make the release, updating for latest visual studio, generating new
> docs using docsfx, and lastly, creating a nuget package, that once
> approved, we can publish to nuget.
>
> The files for rc6 can be grabbed
> from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-api/1.8.0
> -rc6/
>
> The JIRAs assigned
> are:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588
>
>  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-585
>

> Regards,
> Michael

Follow Us: Facebook<http://www.qg.com/social1> | Twitter<http://www.qg.com/social2> | LinkedIn<http://www.qg.com/social3> | YouTube<http://www.qg.com/social4>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS 1.8.0 - Release Candidate 6

Ragnar Paulson
+1 (non-binding)

Great to see the move to .NET standard 2.0.

Ragnar Paulson

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 12:29 PM Michael Pearce <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have put together another re-spin rc6 correcting sha's based on
> Tim's feedback, for an Apache NMS API release, please
> check it and vote accordingly.
>
> This release effectively updates the project to support .net standard 2.0.
>
> Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> make the release, updating for latest visual studio, generating new
> docs using docsfx, and lastly, creating a nuget package, that once
> approved, we can publish to nuget.
>
> The files for rc6 can be grabbed
> from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-api/1.8.0-rc6/
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588
>
>  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-585
>

> Regards,
> Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS 1.8.0 - Release Candidate 6

dpauls
+1 (non-binding)

I agree .NET standard 2.0 is a great step in the right direction.  Thanks!

Cheers,
Duane

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 9:15 AM Ragnar Paulson <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> Great to see the move to .NET standard 2.0.
>
> Ragnar Paulson
>
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 12:29 PM Michael Pearce <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have put together another re-spin rc6 correcting sha's based on
> > Tim's feedback, for an Apache NMS API release, please
> > check it and vote accordingly.
> >
> > This release effectively updates the project to support .net standard
> 2.0.
> >
> > Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> > make the release, updating for latest visual studio, generating new
> > docs using docsfx, and lastly, creating a nuget package, that once
> > approved, we can publish to nuget.
> >
> > The files for rc6 can be grabbed
> > from:
> >
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-api/1.8.0-rc6/
> >
> > The JIRAs assigned are:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588
> >
> >  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588>
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-585
> >

> > Regards,
> > Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS 1.8.0 - Release Candidate 6

cmorgan
+1 (non-binding)
Looks good to to me.
Adding support for netstandard 2.0 is great!

-----
Chris Morgan
Chris Morgan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS 1.8.0 - Release Candidate 6

michael.andre.pearce
Just realised though whilst its implied as the person performing the release. Here is my formal:

+1 (binding)

Get Outlook for Android

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 4:08 PM +0100, "cmorgan" <[hidden email]> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)
Looks good to to me.
Adding support for netstandard 2.0 is great!

-----
Chris Morgan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS 1.8.0 - Release Candidate 6

clebertsuconic
+1 binding.

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 2:02 PM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just realised though whilst its implied as the person performing the
> release. Here is my formal:
>

> +1 (binding)
>

> Get Outlook for Android
>

> On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 4:08 PM +0100, "cmorgan" <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>

> +1 (non-binding)
> Looks good to to me.
> Adding support for netstandard 2.0 is great!
>

> -----
> Chris Morgan
> --
> Sent from:
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Dev-f2368404.html

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS 1.8.0 - Release Candidate 6

Martyn Taylor-2
+1 (Binding)

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 4:47 AM Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1 binding.
>
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 2:02 PM <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Just realised though whilst its implied as the person performing the
> > release. Here is my formal:
> >

> > +1 (binding)
> >

> > Get Outlook for Android
> >

> > On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 4:08 PM +0100, "cmorgan" <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > +1 (non-binding)
> > Looks good to to me.
> > Adding support for netstandard 2.0 is great!
> >

> > -----
> > Chris Morgan
> > --
> > Sent from:
> > http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Dev-f2368404.html

> Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS 1.8.0 - Release Candidate 6

nigro_franz
+1 non binding

Il giorno lun 1 lug 2019 alle ore 11:40 Martyn Taylor <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> +1 (Binding)
>
> On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 4:47 AM Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > +1 binding.
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 2:02 PM <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Just realised though whilst its implied as the person performing the
> > > release. Here is my formal:
> > >

> > > +1 (binding)
> > >

> > > Get Outlook for Android
> > >

> > > On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 4:08 PM +0100, "cmorgan" <
> > > [hidden email]> wrote:
> > >

> > > +1 (non-binding)
> > > Looks good to to me.
> > > Adding support for netstandard 2.0 is great!
> > >

> > > -----
> > > Chris Morgan
> > > --
> > > Sent from:
> > > http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Dev-f2368404.html
> > >

> > > --
> > Clebert Suconic

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache NMS 1.8.0 - Release Candidate 6

michaelpearce
Hi All,

Vote for RC6 passed with 9 votes, 3 binding and 6 non binding.

Binding:
* Michael Pearce
* Clebert Suconic
* Martyn Taylor

Non-Binding:
* Krzysztof Porebski
* Derek Heiser
* Chris Morgan
* Ragnar Paulson
* Duane Pauls
* Francesco Nigro

Thank you everyone who contributed to review the release candidate. (and
previous RC's)

Ill move forward with getting the release out and updating the relevant
documentation and website.

Thanks
Mike

On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 at 10:42, Francesco Nigro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 non binding
>
> Il giorno lun 1 lug 2019 alle ore 11:40 Martyn Taylor <[hidden email]>
> ha scritto:
>
> > +1 (Binding)
> >
> > On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 4:47 AM Clebert Suconic <
> [hidden email]
> > >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1 binding.

> > > Clebert Suconic

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache NMS 1.8.0 - Release Candidate 6

michaelpearce
I fogot to mention all votes received for Apache NMS 1.8.0 Relese Cadidate
6 were +1.

Just for records.