[VOTE] Release Apache NMS 1.8.0 - Release Candidate 5

[VOTE] Release Apache NMS 1.8.0 - Release Candidate 5

michaelpearce
Hi All,

I have put together another re-spin rc5 after further feedback on rc4,
for a Apache NMS API release, please
check it and vote accordingly.

This release effectively updates the project to support .net standard 2.0.

Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
make the release, updating for latest visual studio, generating new
docs using docsfx, and lastly, creating a nuget package, that once
approved, we can publish to nuget.

The files for rc5 can be grabbed
from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-api/1.8.0-rc5/

The JIRAs assigned are:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588

 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-585

Regards,
Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS 1.8.0 - Release Candidate 5

Havret
Looks good to me. +1.

Regards,
Krzysztof Porębski

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 11:45 AM Michael Pearce <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have put together another re-spin rc5 after further feedback on rc4,
> for a Apache NMS API release, please
> check it and vote accordingly.
>
> This release effectively updates the project to support .net standard 2.0.
>
> Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> make the release, updating for latest visual studio, generating new
> docs using docsfx, and lastly, creating a nuget package, that once
> approved, we can publish to nuget.
>
> The files for rc5 can be grabbed
> from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-api/1.8.0-rc5/
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588
>
>  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-585
>

> Regards,
> Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS 1.8.0 - Release Candidate 5

-1

The shasum files are incorrectly created with the file names inside them
referring to some intermediate directory which doesn't exist and worse
contains the the 'rc5' moniker which would obviously not be correct for
the publish release binaries.  Example below:

 From Apache.NMS-1.8.0-bin.zip.sha512:
4f33d07a6357188703....1e737884772 1.8.0-rc5/Apache.NMS-1.8.0-bin.zip

The non-existent directory name means the sums can't be checked using
the standard 'shasum -c *.sha512' etc methods

Also the public key for the person signing the release artifact doesn't
appear to have been added to the KEYS file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/activemq/KEYS

On 6/26/19 5:45 AM, Michael Pearce wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have put together another re-spin rc5 after further feedback on rc4,
> for a Apache NMS API release, please
> check it and vote accordingly.
>
> This release effectively updates the project to support .net standard 2.0.
>
> Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> make the release, updating for latest visual studio, generating new
> docs using docsfx, and lastly, creating a nuget package, that once
> approved, we can publish to nuget.
>
> The files for rc5 can be grabbed
> from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-api/1.8.0-rc5/
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588
>
>   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-585
>

> Regards,
> Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS 1.8.0 - Release Candidate 5

michael.andre.pearce
Thanks Tim. Ill add my key there.

As sha issue is just me signing file from another dir, and easy to correct shall i make another tag or just recreate rc5 with corrected sha files?

Get Outlook for Android

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 4:27 PM +0100, "Timothy Bish" <[hidden email]> wrote:

-1

The shasum files are incorrectly created with the file names inside them
referring to some intermediate directory which doesn't exist and worse
contains the the 'rc5' moniker which would obviously not be correct for
the publish release binaries.  Example below:

 From Apache.NMS-1.8.0-bin.zip.sha512:
4f33d07a6357188703....1e737884772 1.8.0-rc5/Apache.NMS-1.8.0-bin.zip

The non-existent directory name means the sums can't be checked using
the standard 'shasum -c *.sha512' etc methods

Also the public key for the person signing the release artifact doesn't
appear to have been added to the KEYS file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/activemq/KEYS

On 6/26/19 5:45 AM, Michael Pearce wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have put together another re-spin rc5 after further feedback on rc4,
> for a Apache NMS API release, please
> check it and vote accordingly.
>
> This release effectively updates the project to support .net standard 2.0.
>
> Also includes some modernisation of the project that was needed to
> make the release, updating for latest visual studio, generating new
> docs using docsfx, and lastly, creating a nuget package, that once
> approved, we can publish to nuget.
>
> The files for rc5 can be grabbed
> from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-nms-api/1.8.0-rc5/
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-588
>
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-585
>

> Regards,
> Michael

Re: [VOTE][CANCELLED] Release Apache NMS 1.8.0 - Release Candidate 5

michaelpearce
Consider this cancelled then, ill make RC6.