[VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.1 (3rd attempt)

[VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.1 (3rd attempt)

artnaseef
The release candidate for the activemq 5.10.1 release is now built and ready for a vote.
This release comes with 34 fixes and 1 administrative jira entry.

Please see the list of jira entries here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%205.10.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20AMQ

You can get binary distributions here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.10.1/

Source archives are here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/activemq-parent/5.10.1/

Maven2 repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/

Source tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=8938d14d434447193b02ba635606aa0fb7a80353

NOTE: I used Hadrian's prior thread as a template (thank you Hadrian).

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.1 (3rd attempt)

James Carman
-0, I would prefer to see the releases signed by a PMC member.

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 12:10 PM, artnaseef <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The release candidate for the activemq 5.10.1 release is now built and ready
> for a vote.
> This release comes with 34 fixes and 1 administrative jira entry.
>
> Please see the list of jira entries here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%205.10.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20AMQ
>

> You can get binary distributions here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.10.1/
>

> Source archives are here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/activemq-parent/5.10.1/
>

> Maven2 repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/
>
> Source tag:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=8938d14d434447193b02ba635606aa0fb7a80353
>

> NOTE: I used Hadrian's prior thread as a template (thank you Hadrian).

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.1 (3rd attempt)

Claus Ibsen
Hi

I gave the RC a test spin with latest Camel source code.
And the spring XSD schema 5.10.1 is included.

+1

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 6:10 PM, artnaseef <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The release candidate for the activemq 5.10.1 release is now built and ready
> for a vote.
> This release comes with 34 fixes and 1 administrative jira entry.
>
> Please see the list of jira entries here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%205.10.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20AMQ
>

> You can get binary distributions here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.10.1/
>

> Source archives are here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/activemq-parent/5.10.1/
>

> Maven2 repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/
>
> Source tag:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=8938d14d434447193b02ba635606aa0fb7a80353
>

> NOTE: I used Hadrian's prior thread as a template (thank you Hadrian).

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: [hidden email]
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com
hawtio: http://hawt.io/
fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.1 (3rd attempt)

jbonofre
+1 (non binding)

Regards
JB

hawtio: http://hawt.io/
fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

On 01/15/2015 12:10 PM, artnaseef wrote:

> The release candidate for the activemq 5.10.1 release is now built and ready
> for a vote.
> This release comes with 34 fixes and 1 administrative jira entry.
>
> Please see the list of jira entries here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%205.10.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20AMQ
>

> You can get binary distributions here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.10.1/
>

> Source archives are here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/activemq-parent/5.10.1/
>

> Maven2 repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/
>
> Source tag:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=8938d14d434447193b02ba635606aa0fb7a80353
>

> NOTE: I used Hadrian's prior thread as a template (thank you Hadrian).

Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
[hidden email] | www.redhat.com
skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.1 (3rd attempt)

jgomes
+1

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015, 11:04 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I gave the RC a test spin with latest Camel source code.
> And the spring XSD schema 5.10.1 is included.
>
> +1
>

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 6:10 PM, artnaseef <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > The release candidate for the activemq 5.10.1 release is now built and
> ready
> > for a vote.
> > This release comes with 34 fixes and 1 administrative jira entry.
> >
> > Please see the list of jira entries here:
> 20%3D%205.10.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20AMQ
> >

> > You can get binary distributions here:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
> orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.10.1/
> >

> > Source archives are here:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
> orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/activemq-parent/5.10.1/
> >

> > Maven2 repository is here:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
> orgapacheactivemq-1013/
> >
> > Source tag:
> > https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=
> 8938d14d434447193b02ba635606aa0fb7a80353
> >

> > NOTE: I used Hadrian's prior thread as a template (thank you Hadrian).

> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter: davsclaus
> Blog: http://davsclaus.com
> hawtio: http://hawt.io/
> fabric8 <http://hawt.io/fabric8>: http://fabric8.io/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.1 (3rd attempt)

dkulp
+1

Dan

> On Jan 15, 2015, at 12:10 PM, artnaseef <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The release candidate for the activemq 5.10.1 release is now built and ready
> for a vote.
> This release comes with 34 fixes and 1 administrative jira entry.
>
> Please see the list of jira entries here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%205.10.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20AMQ
>

> You can get binary distributions here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.10.1/
>

> Source archives are here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/activemq-parent/5.10.1/
>

> Maven2 repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/
>
> Source tag:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=8938d14d434447193b02ba635606aa0fb7a80353
>

> NOTE: I used Hadrian's prior thread as a template (thank you Hadrian).

Daniel Kulp

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.1 (3rd attempt)

artnaseef
Here's my own +1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.1 (3rd attempt)

ceposta
Was running some amq tests, so decided to try this one out.
looks good...
+1

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 10:10 AM, artnaseef <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The release candidate for the activemq 5.10.1 release is now built and
> ready
> for a vote.
> This release comes with 34 fixes and 1 administrative jira entry.
>
> Please see the list of jira entries here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%205.10.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20AMQ
>

> You can get binary distributions here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.10.1/
>

> Source archives are here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/activemq-parent/5.10.1/
>

> Maven2 repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/
>
> Source tag:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=8938d14d434447193b02ba635606aa0fb7a80353
>

> NOTE: I used Hadrian's prior thread as a template (thank you Hadrian).

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
http://fabric8.io
twitter: @christianposta

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.1 (3rd attempt)

Hadrian Zbarcea
+1 (binding)

Looks good, solid release, improvement from 5.10.0. Comments:

* sigs, legal files, look good
* build from source looks good
(DbRestartJDBCQueueMasterSlaveLeaseQuiesceTest failed, passed on second run)
* smoke test in karaf looks good
* this is actually the 4th attempt
* @James: are we inventing new rules?

Somebody, I think Dejan, suggested we should have automated builds on
the maintenance branches to spot regressions earlier. Great suggestion,
not sure if we should do it for 5.10.x, but definitely for 5.11.x.

@Art, great work! This was your first release at ASF if I am not
mistaken, right?

Cheers,
Hadrian

On 01/15/2015 12:23 PM, James Carman wrote:

> -0, I would prefer to see the releases signed by a PMC member.
>
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 12:10 PM, artnaseef <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The release candidate for the activemq 5.10.1 release is now built and ready
>> for a vote.
>> This release comes with 34 fixes and 1 administrative jira entry.
>>
>> Please see the list of jira entries here:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%205.10.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20AMQ
>>

>> You can get binary distributions here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.10.1/
>>

>> Source archives are here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/activemq-parent/5.10.1/
>>

>> Maven2 repository is here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/
>>
>> Source tag:
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=8938d14d434447193b02ba635606aa0fb7a80353
>>

>> NOTE: I used Hadrian's prior thread as a template (thank you Hadrian).

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.1 (3rd attempt)

James Carman
Hadrian,

I'm not inventing anything and I didn't say it was a rule, only my
preference:

"Note that the PMC is responsible for all artifacts in their distribution
directory, which is a subdirectory of www.apache.org/dist/ ; and all
artifacts placed in their directory must be signed by a committer,
preferably by a PMC member. It is also necessary for the PMC to ensure that
the source package is sufficient to build any binary artifacts associated
with the release."

http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

On Monday, January 19, 2015, Hadrian Zbarcea <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> Looks good, solid release, improvement from 5.10.0. Comments:
>
> * sigs, legal files, look good
> * build from source looks good (DbRestartJDBCQueueMasterSlaveLeaseQuiesceTest
> failed, passed on second run)
> * smoke test in karaf looks good
> * this is actually the 4th attempt
> * @James: are we inventing new rules?
>
> Somebody, I think Dejan, suggested we should have automated builds on the
> maintenance branches to spot regressions earlier. Great suggestion, not
> sure if we should do it for 5.10.x, but definitely for 5.11.x.
>
> @Art, great work! This was your first release at ASF if I am not mistaken,
> right?
>
> Cheers,
> Hadrian
>

> On 01/15/2015 12:23 PM, James Carman wrote:
>
>> -0, I would prefer to see the releases signed by a PMC member.
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 12:10 PM, artnaseef <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> The release candidate for the activemq 5.10.1 release is now built and
>>> ready
>>> for a vote.
>>> This release comes with 34 fixes and 1 administrative jira entry.
>>>
>>> Please see the list of jira entries here:
>>> 20%3D%205.10.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20AMQ
>>>

>>> You can get binary distributions here:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
>>> orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.10.1/
>>>

>>> Source archives are here:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
>>> orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/activemq-parent/5.10.1/
>>>

>>> Maven2 repository is here:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
>>> orgapacheactivemq-1013/
>>>
>>> Source tag:
>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=
>>> 8938d14d434447193b02ba635606aa0fb7a80353
>>>

>>> NOTE: I used Hadrian's prior thread as a template (thank you Hadrian).

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.1 (3rd attempt)

Hadrian Zbarcea
Hi James,

We can debate this off the vote thread if you prefer, but a quick answer
would be that the PMC approves a release. It has absolutely no relation
with who builds it.

(check) the release process requires code modifications (pom.xml) it
MUST be performed by a committer.
(check) artifacts MUST be digitally signed (PGP) key.
(check) Key MUST be recorded in the repository (KEYS)
(check) Key SHOULD be published in a public key store
(check) Key SHOULD be signed by another ASFer

The only awkward aspect is that if the release manager is not a PMC
member, he has a non-binding vote on his own release. So if a community
trusts a committer to build a legally binding release, it probably
trusts him to provide project oversight. That's one way to build merit
to become a PMC member. So I don't see anything improper to prompt a
*negative* zero.

Cheers,
Hadrian

On 01/19/2015 03:48 PM, James Carman wrote:

> Hadrian,
>
> I'm not inventing anything and I didn't say it was a rule, only my
> preference:
>
> "Note that the PMC is responsible for all artifacts in their distribution
> directory, which is a subdirectory of www.apache.org/dist/ ; and all
> artifacts placed in their directory must be signed by a committer,
> preferably by a PMC member. It is also necessary for the PMC to ensure that
> the source package is sufficient to build any binary artifacts associated
> with the release."
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html
>

> On Monday, January 19, 2015, Hadrian Zbarcea <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> +1 (binding)
>>
>> Looks good, solid release, improvement from 5.10.0. Comments:
>>
>> * sigs, legal files, look good
>> * build from source looks good (DbRestartJDBCQueueMasterSlaveLeaseQuiesceTest
>> failed, passed on second run)
>> * smoke test in karaf looks good
>> * this is actually the 4th attempt
>> * @James: are we inventing new rules?
>>
>> Somebody, I think Dejan, suggested we should have automated builds on the
>> maintenance branches to spot regressions earlier. Great suggestion, not
>> sure if we should do it for 5.10.x, but definitely for 5.11.x.
>>
>> @Art, great work! This was your first release at ASF if I am not mistaken,
>> right?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Hadrian
>>

>> On 01/15/2015 12:23 PM, James Carman wrote:
>>
>>> -0, I would prefer to see the releases signed by a PMC member.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.1 (3rd attempt)

James Carman
So much for a quick answer. ;-) I am not alone in my thinking. Obviously
someone else feels the same way, the author of that document. It is not a
huge issue to me, otherwise I would've voted -1.  Regardless, I am happy to
see you more frequent releases out of this project. It is a great sign!

On Monday, January 19, 2015, Hadrian Zbarcea <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> We can debate this off the vote thread if you prefer, but a quick answer
> would be that the PMC approves a release. It has absolutely no relation
> with who builds it.
>
> (check) the release process requires code modifications (pom.xml) it MUST
> be performed by a committer.
> (check) artifacts MUST be digitally signed (PGP) key.
> (check) Key MUST be recorded in the repository (KEYS)
> (check) Key SHOULD be published in a public key store
> (check) Key SHOULD be signed by another ASFer
>
> The only awkward aspect is that if the release manager is not a PMC
> member, he has a non-binding vote on his own release. So if a community
> trusts a committer to build a legally binding release, it probably trusts
> him to provide project oversight. That's one way to build merit to become a
> PMC member. So I don't see anything improper to prompt a *negative* zero.
>
> Cheers,
> Hadrian
>

> On 01/19/2015 03:48 PM, James Carman wrote:
>
>> Hadrian,
>>
>> I'm not inventing anything and I didn't say it was a rule, only my
>> preference:
>>
>> "Note that the PMC is responsible for all artifacts in their distribution
>> directory, which is a subdirectory of www.apache.org/dist/ ; and all
>> artifacts placed in their directory must be signed by a committer,
>> preferably by a PMC member. It is also necessary for the PMC to ensure
>> that
>> the source package is sufficient to build any binary artifacts associated
>> with the release."
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html
>>

>> On Monday, January 19, 2015, Hadrian Zbarcea <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>  +1 (binding)
>>>
>>> Looks good, solid release, improvement from 5.10.0. Comments:
>>>
>>> * sigs, legal files, look good
>>> * build from source looks good (DbRestartJDBCQueueMasterSlaveL
>>> easeQuiesceTest
>>> failed, passed on second run)
>>> * smoke test in karaf looks good
>>> * this is actually the 4th attempt
>>> * @James: are we inventing new rules?
>>>
>>> Somebody, I think Dejan, suggested we should have automated builds on the
>>> maintenance branches to spot regressions earlier. Great suggestion, not
>>> sure if we should do it for 5.10.x, but definitely for 5.11.x.
>>>
>>> @Art, great work! This was your first release at ASF if I am not
>>> mistaken,
>>> right?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Hadrian
>>>

>>> On 01/15/2015 12:23 PM, James Carman wrote:
>>>
>>>  -0, I would prefer to see the releases signed by a PMC member.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.1 (3rd attempt)

artnaseef
The vote for ActiveMQ 5.10.1 passes with 8 total votes for, 0 votes against, and 1 concern raised (-0)

    5 binding votes
      +1 Timothy Bish
      +1 Jim Gomes
      +1 Claus Ibsen
      +1 Christian Posta
      +1 Hadrian Zbarcea

    4 non-binding votes
      +1 Arthur Naseef
      +1 Jean-Baptiste Onofre
      +1 Daniel Kulp
      -0 James Carman: prefers PMC performs the releases itself

I will work on finalizing the release.

Yes - this is my first ASF release.  Thank you!

On 01/15/2015 06:10 PM, artnaseef wrote:

> The release candidate for the activemq 5.10.1 release is now built and ready
> for a vote.
> This release comes with 34 fixes and 1 administrative jira entry.
>
> Please see the list of jira entries here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%205.10.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20AMQ
>

> You can get binary distributions here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.10.1/
>

> Source archives are here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/org/apache/activemq/activemq-parent/5.10.1/
>

> Maven2 repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1013/
>
> Source tag:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=8938d14d434447193b02ba635606aa0fb7a80353
>

> NOTE: I used Hadrian's prior thread as a template (thank you Hadrian).

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com