[VOTE] HornetQ Code Donation should use a codename

12

[VOTE] HornetQ Code Donation should use a codename

chirino
Lots of confusion has occurred since we did not use a code name for
the code donation from the start.  Everyone refers to it as HornetQ
which adds to the Trademark confusions.  Also the current state of the
code is not ready to become ActiveMQ 6.  We can figure out what the
code name should be later with community and trademarks input.

Please choose an option:

[ ] +1 : Rename the hornetq code grant source code from ActiveMQ 6 to
an ActiveMQ ${codename}
[ ] -1 : No don't rename
[ ] 0 : No preference

Vote is open for 72 hours.

--
Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

Re: [VOTE] HornetQ Code Donation should use a codename

John D. Ament-2
+1
 On Apr 9, 2015 9:06 AM, "Hiram Chirino" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lots of confusion has occurred since we did not use a code name for
> the code donation from the start.  Everyone refers to it as HornetQ
> which adds to the Trademark confusions.  Also the current state of the
> code is not ready to become ActiveMQ 6.  We can figure out what the
> code name should be later with community and trademarks input.
>
> Please choose an option:
>
> [ ] +1 : Rename the hornetq code grant source code from ActiveMQ 6 to
> an ActiveMQ ${codename}
> [ ] -1 : No don't rename
> [ ] 0 : No preference
>
> Vote is open for 72 hours.
>
> --
> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com

Re: [VOTE] HornetQ Code Donation should use a codename

ceposta
+1

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 6:06 AM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Lots of confusion has occurred since we did not use a code name for
> the code donation from the start.  Everyone refers to it as HornetQ
> which adds to the Trademark confusions.  Also the current state of the
> code is not ready to become ActiveMQ 6.  We can figure out what the
> code name should be later with community and trademarks input.
>
> Please choose an option:
>
> [ ] +1 : Rename the hornetq code grant source code from ActiveMQ 6 to
> an ActiveMQ ${codename}
> [ ] -1 : No don't rename
> [ ] 0 : No preference
>
> Vote is open for 72 hours.
>
> --
> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com

*Christian Posta*
twitter: @christianposta
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
http://fabric8.io

On 04/09/2015 09:06 AM, Hiram Chirino wrote:

> Lots of confusion has occurred since we did not use a code name for
> the code donation from the start.  Everyone refers to it as HornetQ
> which adds to the Trademark confusions.  Also the current state of the
> code is not ready to become ActiveMQ 6.  We can figure out what the
> code name should be later with community and trademarks input.
>
> Please choose an option:
>
> [ ] +1 : Rename the hornetq code grant source code from ActiveMQ 6 to
> an ActiveMQ ${codename}
> [ ] -1 : No don't rename
> [ ] 0 : No preference
>
> Vote is open for 72 hours.

+1

Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
[hidden email] | www.redhat.com
twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Vote is open for 72 hours.

Re: [VOTE] HornetQ Code Donation should use a codename

Justin Bertram-2
+1

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lots of confusion has occurred since we did not use a code name for
> the code donation from the start.  Everyone refers to it as HornetQ
> which adds to the Trademark confusions.  Also the current state of the
> code is not ready to become ActiveMQ 6.  We can figure out what the
> code name should be later with community and trademarks input.
>
> Please choose an option:
>
> [ ] +1 : Rename the hornetq code grant source code from ActiveMQ 6 to
> an ActiveMQ ${codename}
> [ ] -1 : No don't rename
> [ ] 0 : No preference
>
> Vote is open for 72 hours.
>
> --
> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com

http://community.jboss.org/people/clebert.suconic@...
http://clebertsuconic.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] HornetQ Code Donation should use a codename

Jim Gomes
+1
On Apr 9, 2015 7:25 AM, "Clebert Suconic" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>

> On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Lots of confusion has occurred since we did not use a code name for
> > the code donation from the start.  Everyone refers to it as HornetQ
> > which adds to the Trademark confusions.  Also the current state of the
> > code is not ready to become ActiveMQ 6.  We can figure out what the
> > code name should be later with community and trademarks input.
> >
> > Please choose an option:
> >
> > [ ] +1 : Rename the hornetq code grant source code from ActiveMQ 6 to
> > an ActiveMQ ${codename}
> > [ ] -1 : No don't rename
> > [ ] 0 : No preference
> >
> > Vote is open for 72 hours.
> >
> > --
> > Hiram Chirino
> > Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> > [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com
> > skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino
>

> --
> Clebert Suconic
> http://community.jboss.org/people/clebert.suconic@...
> http://clebertsuconic.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] HornetQ Code Donation should use a codename

Martyn Taylor
+1
On 09/04/15 14:06, Hiram Chirino wrote:

> Lots of confusion has occurred since we did not use a code name for
> the code donation from the start.  Everyone refers to it as HornetQ
> which adds to the Trademark confusions.  Also the current state of the
> code is not ready to become ActiveMQ 6.  We can figure out what the
> code name should be later with community and trademarks input.
>
> Please choose an option:
>
> [ ] +1 : Rename the hornetq code grant source code from ActiveMQ 6 to
> an ActiveMQ ${codename}
> [ ] -1 : No don't rename
> [ ] 0 : No preference
>
> Vote is open for 72 hours.

Re: [VOTE] HornetQ Code Donation should use a codename

David Jencks
+1

david jencks

On Apr 9, 2015, at 9:06 AM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lots of confusion has occurred since we did not use a code name for
> the code donation from the start.  Everyone refers to it as HornetQ
> which adds to the Trademark confusions.  Also the current state of the
> code is not ready to become ActiveMQ 6.  We can figure out what the
> code name should be later with community and trademarks input.
>
> Please choose an option:
>
> [ ] +1 : Rename the hornetq code grant source code from ActiveMQ 6 to
> an ActiveMQ ${codename}
> [ ] -1 : No don't rename
> [ ] 0 : No preference
>
> Vote is open for 72 hours.
>
> --
> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com

Re: [VOTE] HornetQ Code Donation should use a codename

Krzysztof Sobkowiak
+1 (non-binding)

Regards
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak

JEE & OSS Architect
Apache Software Foundation Member
Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/> Committer & PMC chair
Senior Solution Architect @ Capgemini SSC <http://www.pl.capgemini-sdm.com/en/>

Re: [VOTE] HornetQ Code Donation should use a codename

Dain Sundstrom
+1

-dain

On 9 Apr 2015 14:06, "Hiram Chirino" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lots of confusion has occurred since we did not use a code name for
> the code donation from the start.  Everyone refers to it as HornetQ
> which adds to the Trademark confusions.  Also the current state of the
> code is not ready to become ActiveMQ 6.  We can figure out what the
> code name should be later with community and trademarks input.
>
> Please choose an option:
>
> [ ] +1 : Rename the hornetq code grant source code from ActiveMQ 6 to
> an ActiveMQ ${codename}
> [ ] -1 : No don't rename
> [ ] 0 : No preference
>
> Vote is open for 72 hours.
>
> --
> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com

Re: [VOTE] HornetQ Code Donation should use a codename

Guillaume Nodet-5
+1

> Lots of confusion has occurred since we did not use a code name for
> the code donation from the start.  Everyone refers to it as HornetQ
> which adds to the Trademark confusions.  Also the current state of the
> code is not ready to become ActiveMQ 6.  We can figure out what the
> code name should be later with community and trademarks input.
>
> Please choose an option:
>
> [ ] +1 : Rename the hornetq code grant source code from ActiveMQ 6 to
> an ActiveMQ ${codename}
> [ ] -1 : No don't rename
> [ ] 0 : No preference
>
> Vote is open for 72 hours.
>
> --
> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com

Re: [VOTE] HornetQ Code Donation should use a codename

andytaylor
+1

On 09/04/15 14:06, Hiram Chirino wrote:

> Lots of confusion has occurred since we did not use a code name for
> the code donation from the start.  Everyone refers to it as HornetQ
> which adds to the Trademark confusions.  Also the current state of the
> code is not ready to become ActiveMQ 6.  We can figure out what the
> code name should be later with community and trademarks input.
>
> Please choose an option:
>
> [ ] +1 : Rename the hornetq code grant source code from ActiveMQ 6 to
> an ActiveMQ ${codename}
> [ ] -1 : No don't rename
> [ ] 0 : No preference
>
> Vote is open for 72 hours.

Re: [VOTE] HornetQ Code Donation should use a codename

dejanb
+1

Dejan Bosanac
----------------------
Red Hat, Inc.
[hidden email]
Twitter: @dejanb
Blog: http://sensatic.net

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 9:39 AM, Andy Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> On 09/04/15 14:06, Hiram Chirino wrote:
>
>> Lots of confusion has occurred since we did not use a code name for
>> the code donation from the start.  Everyone refers to it as HornetQ
>> which adds to the Trademark confusions.  Also the current state of the
>> code is not ready to become ActiveMQ 6.  We can figure out what the
>> code name should be later with community and trademarks input.
>>
>> Please choose an option:
>>
>> [ ] +1 : Rename the hornetq code grant source code from ActiveMQ 6 to
>> an ActiveMQ ${codename}
>> [ ] -1 : No don't rename
>> [ ] 0 : No preference
>>
>> Vote is open for 72 hours.

Re: [VOTE] HornetQ Code Donation should use a codename

Robbie Gemmell
+1 (non-binding)

On 9 April 2015 at 14:06, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lots of confusion has occurred since we did not use a code name for
> the code donation from the start.  Everyone refers to it as HornetQ
> which adds to the Trademark confusions.  Also the current state of the
> code is not ready to become ActiveMQ 6.  We can figure out what the
> code name should be later with community and trademarks input.
>
> Please choose an option:
>
> [ ] +1 : Rename the hornetq code grant source code from ActiveMQ 6 to
> an ActiveMQ ${codename}
> [ ] -1 : No don't rename
> [ ] 0 : No preference
>
> Vote is open for 72 hours.
>
> --
> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com

Re: [VOTE] HornetQ Code Donation should use a codename

Bruce Snyder
+1

Bruce

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 7:06 AM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Lots of confusion has occurred since we did not use a code name for
> the code donation from the start.  Everyone refers to it as HornetQ
> which adds to the Trademark confusions.  Also the current state of the
> code is not ready to become ActiveMQ 6.  We can figure out what the
> code name should be later with community and trademarks input.
>
> Please choose an option:
>
> [ ] +1 : Rename the hornetq code grant source code from ActiveMQ 6 to
> an ActiveMQ ${codename}
> [ ] -1 : No don't rename
> [ ] 0 : No preference
>
> Vote is open for 72 hours.
>
> --
> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com

perl -e 'print

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder

Re: [VOTE] HornetQ Code Donation should use a codename

Ninad Sheth
+1
On Apr 11, 2015 10:57 PM, "Bruce Snyder" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Bruce
>
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 7:06 AM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Lots of confusion has occurred since we did not use a code name for
> > the code donation from the start.  Everyone refers to it as HornetQ
> > which adds to the Trademark confusions.  Also the current state of the
> > code is not ready to become ActiveMQ 6.  We can figure out what the
> > code name should be later with community and trademarks input.
> >
> > Please choose an option:
> >
> > [ ] +1 : Rename the hornetq code grant source code from ActiveMQ 6 to
> > an ActiveMQ ${codename}
> > [ ] -1 : No don't rename
> > [ ] 0 : No preference
> >
> > Vote is open for 72 hours.
> >
> > --
> > Hiram Chirino
> > Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> > [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com
> > skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino
> >

> --
> perl -e 'print
> unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*" );'

> Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: [VOTE] HornetQ Code Donation should use a codename

Richard Kettelerij
Although I do not have a problem with naming it ActiveMQ 6, given al the
discussion I agree this is the best option going forward, so +1
(non-binding).