[VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.1.0

clebertsuconic
I'd like to propose an Apache Artemis 2.1.0 release.

I would like to highlight these following new features on this release:

-  Artemis Plugin Support
- Support Netty Native Epoll on Linux

I would like to also highlight the huge work done around improving
performance on many protocols, with many benchmarks showing better
(lower) latency and less GC pauses due to these improvements made.

There was a really extensive work on this last release, showing the
maturity level of the codebase and the contributions. AMQP has been
further enhanced even beyond 2.0.0, and I am so happy to see major
contributions like the Plugin Support recently added, and other major
contributors being active.

I am really excited about this release and proud to be involved with
open source development on this...

I would appreciate your vote and time on evaluating this release:

The release notes can be found here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12339963&styleName=Html&projectId=12315920&Create=Create

Source and binary distributions can be found here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1133/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/2.1.0/

The Maven repository is here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1133

In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo:

http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/2.0.0/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

The source tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.1.0

I will update the website after the vote.

The vote will remain open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.0.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my (binding) +1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.1.0

clebertsuconic
I forgot to mention, there's one critical fix also on 2.1.0, worth of
a highlight

ARTEMIS-1114 = - Journal Compactor possibly losing records:

https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/commit/ddacda50626ef2cd5ccf74a3149eccbbda4a9d84

And , in time.. I had a minor copy & paste typo on my previous email:

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.1.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 6:25 PM, Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd like to propose an Apache Artemis 2.1.0 release.
>

> I would like to highlight these following new features on this release:
>
> -  Artemis Plugin Support
> - Support Netty Native Epoll on Linux
>

> I would like to also highlight the huge work done around improving
> performance on many protocols, with many benchmarks showing better
> (lower) latency and less GC pauses due to these improvements made.
>
> There was a really extensive work on this last release, showing the
> maturity level of the codebase and the contributions. AMQP has been
> further enhanced even beyond 2.0.0, and I am so happy to see major
> contributions like the Plugin Support recently added, and other major
> contributors being active.
>
> I am really excited about this release and proud to be involved with
> open source development on this...
>

> I would appreciate your vote and time on evaluating this release:
>

> The release notes can be found here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12339963&styleName=Html&projectId=12315920&Create=Create
>

> Source and binary distributions can be found here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1133/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/2.1.0/
>

> The Maven repository is here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1133
>

> In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo:
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/2.0.0/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
>

> The source tag:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.1.0
>
> I will update the website after the vote.
>
> The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.0.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here's my (binding) +1
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.1.0

nigro_franz
+1!

Kudos to anyone that has contributed!!!!Great contributions!!!

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.1.0

MichaelAndrePearce
+1

installed

ran basic end to end tests using Java core client

ran basic end to end tests using qpid amqp jms wrapper client

Confirmed client and broker with epoll on and off, also confirmed failback in case of c lib not present using MacBook.

Also checked amqp jms client with epoll.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 9 May 2017, at 15:35, nigro_franz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1!
>
> Kudos to anyone that has contributed!!!!Great contributions!!!

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.1.0

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* checked for license and notice files in both binary and source archives
* built from source and ran tests
* validated the licenses by using Apache Rat plugin
* Ran a broker instance from the binary and ran some client examples
against it

On 05/08/2017 06:25 PM, Clebert Suconic wrote:

> I'd like to propose an Apache Artemis 2.1.0 release.
>

> I would like to highlight these following new features on this release:
>
> -  Artemis Plugin Support
> - Support Netty Native Epoll on Linux
>

> I would like to also highlight the huge work done around improving
> performance on many protocols, with many benchmarks showing better
> (lower) latency and less GC pauses due to these improvements made.
>
> There was a really extensive work on this last release, showing the
> maturity level of the codebase and the contributions. AMQP has been
> further enhanced even beyond 2.0.0, and I am so happy to see major
> contributions like the Plugin Support recently added, and other major
> contributors being active.
>
> I am really excited about this release and proud to be involved with
> open source development on this...
>

> I would appreciate your vote and time on evaluating this release:
>

> The release notes can be found here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12339963&styleName=Html&projectId=12315920&Create=Create
>

> Source and binary distributions can be found here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1133/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/2.1.0/
>

> The Maven repository is here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1133
>

> In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo:
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/2.0.0/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
>

> The source tag:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.1.0
>
> I will update the website after the vote.
>
> The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.0.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here's my (binding) +1
>
> Regards

twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.1.0

christopher.l.shannon
+1, looks good

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 12:01 PM, Timothy Bish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> * Validated signatures and checksums
> * checked for license and notice files in both binary and source archives
> * built from source and ran tests
> * validated the licenses by using Apache Rat plugin
> * Ran a broker instance from the binary and ran some client examples
> against it
>

> On 05/08/2017 06:25 PM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
>
>> I'd like to propose an Apache Artemis 2.1.0 release.
>>

>> I would like to highlight these following new features on this release:
>>
>> -  Artemis Plugin Support
>> - Support Netty Native Epoll on Linux
>>

>> I would like to also highlight the huge work done around improving
>> performance on many protocols, with many benchmarks showing better
>> (lower) latency and less GC pauses due to these improvements made.
>>
>> There was a really extensive work on this last release, showing the
>> maturity level of the codebase and the contributions. AMQP has been
>> further enhanced even beyond 2.0.0, and I am so happy to see major
>> contributions like the Plugin Support recently added, and other major
>> contributors being active.
>>
>> I am really excited about this release and proud to be involved with
>> open source development on this...
>>

>> I would appreciate your vote and time on evaluating this release:
>>

>> The release notes can be found here:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?versi
>> on=12339963&styleName=Html&projectId=12315920&Create=Create
>>

>> Source and binary distributions can be found here:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapache
>> activemq-1133/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/2.1.0/
>>

>> The Maven repository is here:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1133
>>

>> In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo:
>>
>> http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/2.0.0/hacking-guide/
>> validating-releases.html
>>

>> The source tag:
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.g
>> it;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.1.0
>>
>> I will update the website after the vote.
>>
>> The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
>>
>> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.0.0
>> [ ] +0 no opinion
>> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> Here's my (binding) +1
>>
>> Regards