I'd like to propose an Apache Artemis 1.2.0 release RC2. This RC2
addresses the binary library inclusion in the source distribution and
has made progress on addressing the usability issues highlighted in RC1
Since 1.1.0 we've had some significant improvements to performance,
particularly around the persistence layer. In addition new features
have been added such as LDAP and OSGi support. There has also been more
improvements to the OpenWire protocol.
* Inspected the source distribution for binary artifacts.
* Checked signatures and checksums
* Ran broker from binary and tested with some external client examples.
* Built from source and ran some tests.
* Ran some of the Artemis examples to validate.
* Checked for valid LICENSE and NOTICE files.
I did a blind test from scratch, where downloaded the bin and source
releases on a new linux box and tried out a few examples, started the
broker, consumed the broker... used a lot of the data tools and it
seemed all ok.