[VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC3)

Martyn Taylor
Hello all.

I've cut a 3rd release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.1.0 addressing.
This RC has a fix for the issue raised by Andy Taylor during RC2 feedback.

Since 1.0.0 a number of significant improvements have been made, mainly
around OpenWire protocol support, where a number of bugs have been fixed
and significant enhancements to performance have been made.  The
examples have also been restructured to make them more user friendly,
and lastly, MQTT protocol support has been added.

The release notes can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12332642

The binary distributions can be found here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/

The source archives can be found here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/

The Maven repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/

The source tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.1.0

The project website for that version has been staged to:
http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/

The vote will remain open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.1.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my (non-binding) +1

Regards

Martyn

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC3)

Claus Ibsen
+1 (binding)

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Camel in Action 2nd edition:
https://www.manning.com/books/camel-in-action-second-edition

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC3)

clebertsuconic
I repeated the same procedure I did for Rc2.

+1 (non binding)

> On Sep 12, 2015, at 03:30, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1 (binding)
>
>> On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 10:16 PM, Martyn Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello all.
>>
>> I've cut a 3rd release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.1.0 addressing.  This
>> RC has a fix for the issue raised by Andy Taylor during RC2 feedback.
>>
>> Since 1.0.0 a number of significant improvements have been made, mainly
>> around OpenWire protocol support, where a number of bugs have been fixed and
>> significant enhancements to performance have been made.  The examples have
>> also been restructured to make them more user friendly, and lastly, MQTT
>> protocol support has been added.
>>
>> The release notes can be found here:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12332642
>>
>> The binary distributions can be found here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/
>>
>> The source archives can be found here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/
>>
>> The Maven repository is here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/
>>
>> The source tag:
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.1.0
>>
>> The project website for that version has been staged to:
>> http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/
>>
>> The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
>>
>> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.1.0
>> [ ] +0 no opinion
>> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> Here's my (non-binding) +1
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Martyn
>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> Camel in Action 2nd edition:
> https://www.manning.com/books/camel-in-action-second-edition

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC3)

dejanb
+1 (binding)

Dejan Bosanac
about.me/dejanb

On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 6:10 PM, Clebert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I repeated the same procedure I did for Rc2.
>
> +1 (non binding)
>

> > On Sep 12, 2015, at 03:30, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > +1 (binding)
> >
> >> On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 10:16 PM, Martyn Taylor <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >> Hello all.
> >>
> >> I've cut a 3rd release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.1.0 addressing.
> This
> >> RC has a fix for the issue raised by Andy Taylor during RC2 feedback.
> >>
> >> Since 1.0.0 a number of significant improvements have been made, mainly
> >> around OpenWire protocol support, where a number of bugs have been
> fixed and
> >> significant enhancements to performance have been made.  The examples
> have
> >> also been restructured to make them more user friendly, and lastly, MQTT
> >> protocol support has been added.
> >>
> >> The release notes can be found here:
> >>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12332642
> >>
> >> The binary distributions can be found here:
> >>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/
> >>
> >> The source archives can be found here:
> >>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/
> >>
> >> The Maven repository is here:
> >>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/
> >>
> >> The source tag:
> >>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.1.0
> >>
> >> The project website for that version has been staged to:
> >> http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/
> >>
> >> The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
> >>
> >> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.1.0
> >> [ ] +0 no opinion
> >> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> >>
> >> Here's my (non-binding) +1
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Martyn
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > Camel in Action 2nd edition:
> > https://www.manning.com/books/camel-in-action-second-edition

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC3)

John D. Ament-2
+1 non binding

In the future, I'd recommend that you directly include the JSON license in
your LICENSE and an appropriate NOTICE.

TBH, it seems weird that you're embedding it, we have clearance to rely on
it per [1].

John

[1]: http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#json

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 4:16 PM Martyn Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I've cut a 3rd release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.1.0 addressing.
> This RC has a fix for the issue raised by Andy Taylor during RC2 feedback.
>
> Since 1.0.0 a number of significant improvements have been made, mainly
> around OpenWire protocol support, where a number of bugs have been fixed
> and significant enhancements to performance have been made.  The
> examples have also been restructured to make them more user friendly,
> and lastly, MQTT protocol support has been added.
>
> The release notes can be found here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12332642
>

> The binary distributions can be found here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/
>

> The source archives can be found here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/
>

> The Maven repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/
>
> The source tag:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.1.0
>

> The project website for that version has been staged to:
> http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/
>
> The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.1.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here's my (non-binding) +1
>
> Regards
>
> Martyn

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC3)

christopher.l.shannon
+1 (non-binding)

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 8:35 AM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1 non binding
>
> In the future, I'd recommend that you directly include the JSON license in
> your LICENSE and an appropriate NOTICE.
>
> TBH, it seems weird that you're embedding it, we have clearance to rely on
> it per [1].
>
> John
>
> [1]: http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#json
>
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 4:16 PM Martyn Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello all.
> >
> > I've cut a 3rd release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.1.0 addressing.
> > This RC has a fix for the issue raised by Andy Taylor during RC2
> feedback.
> >
> > Since 1.0.0 a number of significant improvements have been made, mainly
> > around OpenWire protocol support, where a number of bugs have been fixed
> > and significant enhancements to performance have been made.  The
> > examples have also been restructured to make them more user friendly,
> > and lastly, MQTT protocol support has been added.
> >
> > The release notes can be found here:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12332642
> >

> > The binary distributions can be found here:
> >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/
> >

> > The source archives can be found here:
> >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/
> >

> > The Maven repository is here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/
> >
> > The source tag:
> >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.1.0
> >

> > The project website for that version has been staged to:
> > http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/
> >
> > The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
> >
> > [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.1.0
> > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> >
> > Here's my (non-binding) +1
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Martyn

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC3)

clebertsuconic
-1 unfortunately....

Wildfly is integrating Artemis and There was some testing done with MDBs
and they had lots of intermittent failures.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 8:45 AM, Christopher Shannon <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 8:35 AM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1 non binding
> >
> > In the future, I'd recommend that you directly include the JSON license
> in
> > your LICENSE and an appropriate NOTICE.
> >
> > TBH, it seems weird that you're embedding it, we have clearance to rely
> on
> > it per [1].
> >
> > John
> >
> > [1]: http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#json
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 4:16 PM Martyn Taylor <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello all.
> > >
> > > I've cut a 3rd release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.1.0 addressing.
> > > This RC has a fix for the issue raised by Andy Taylor during RC2
> > feedback.
> > >
> > > Since 1.0.0 a number of significant improvements have been made, mainly
> > > around OpenWire protocol support, where a number of bugs have been
> fixed
> > > and significant enhancements to performance have been made.  The
> > > examples have also been restructured to make them more user friendly,
> > > and lastly, MQTT protocol support has been added.
> > >
> > > The release notes can be found here:
> > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12332642
> > >

> > > The binary distributions can be found here:
> > >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/
> > >

> > > The source archives can be found here:
> > >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/
> > >

> > > The Maven repository is here:
> > >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/
> > >
> > > The source tag:
> > >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.1.0
> > >

> > > The project website for that version has been staged to:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/
> > >
> > > The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
> > >
> > > [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.1.0
> > > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> > >
> > > Here's my (non-binding) +1
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Martyn

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC3)

John D. Ament-2
On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 11:08 AM Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> -1 unfortunately....
>
> Wildfly is integrating Artemis and There was some testing done with MDBs
> and they had lots of intermittent failures.

Can they wait for a 1.1.1?

I can understand corporate/employer needs, but ideally we can address in a
follow up bug fix release.

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 8:45 AM, Christopher Shannon <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1 (non-binding)
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 8:35 AM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1 non binding
> > >
> > > In the future, I'd recommend that you directly include the JSON license
> > in
> > > your LICENSE and an appropriate NOTICE.
> > >
> > > TBH, it seems weird that you're embedding it, we have clearance to rely
> > on
> > > it per [1].
> > >
> > > John
> > >
> > > [1]: http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#json

> > > feedback.

> mainly
> > fixed

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12332642

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1067/

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.1.0

> Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC3)

chirino
So if the MDB issue is a regression and there is a quick fix for it,
we might as well redo the 1.1 release to avoid giving users a bad
impression.  If  the issues was there in 1.0, then 1.1 would be no
worse than 1.0 and then this can wait for a 1.1.1 release.

--
Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC3)

clebertsuconic
On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 12:03 PM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> So if the MDB issue is a regression and there is a quick fix for it,
> we might as well redo the 1.1 release to avoid giving users a bad
> impression.  If  the issues was there in 1.0, then 1.1 would be no
> worse than 1.0 and then this can wait for a 1.1.1 release.

Yes.. it is a regression on MDBs.. that's why I raised the -1.

The RA was broken at this commit here:
https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/commit/7a1199c4759a8b56ccb28e96f44b3ba760ca5316

And there is a fix proposed by Justin here:

[CANCEL] [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC3)

Martyn Taylor
OK, given that this issue was recently introduced and is a regression
from 1.0.0, I think we should aim to get this fixed before doing a
1.1.0.  It looks like the fix has already made it's way onto master.  I
am going to cancel the vote and quickly turn around an RC4.