[VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC2)

Martyn Taylor
Hello all.

I've cut a second release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.1.0 addressing
initial RC feedback.

Since 1.0.0 a number of significant improvements have been made, mainly
around OpenWire protocol support, where a number of bugs have been fixed
and significant enhancements to performance have been made.  The
examples have also been restructured to make them more user friendly,
and lastly, MQTT protocol support has been added.

The release notes can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12332642

The binary distributions can be found here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1066/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/

The source archives can be found here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1066/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/

The Maven repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1066/

The source tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.1.0

The project website for that version has been staged to:
http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/

The vote will remain open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.1.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my (non-binding) +1

Regards

Martyn

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC2)

clebertsuconic
+1 (non binding)...

I have written the procedure I used to validate the release here:

https://github.com/clebertsuconic/activemq-artemis/blob/master/docs/hacking-guide/en/validating-releases.md

I have download the binary, executed a lot of the artemis examples,
installed servers, tried windows services.. ran the examples directly from
the release using a brand new maven repository on both windows, Linux and
Mac.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC2)

chirino
+1 (binding).

Source builds, rat check passes, broker starts up fine on OS X.

--
Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC2)

+1

Built from source ran tests
Checked signature and sums
Ran a broker from the binary
Reviewed the license and notices files for source and binary.
Did a quick review of random documentation files.
Ran a simple OpenWire sender / receiver example
Ran a simple AMQP sender / receiver example

On 09/08/2015 02:30 PM, Martyn Taylor wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I've cut a second release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.1.0 addressing
> initial RC feedback.
>
> Since 1.0.0 a number of significant improvements have been made,
> mainly around OpenWire protocol support, where a number of bugs have
> been fixed and significant enhancements to performance have been
> made.  The examples have also been restructured to make them more user
> friendly, and lastly, MQTT protocol support has been added.
>
> The release notes can be found here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12332642
>

> The binary distributions can be found here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1066/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/
>

> The source archives can be found here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1066/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/
>

> The Maven repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1066/
>

> The source tag:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.1.0
>

> The project website for that version has been staged to:
> http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/
>
> The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.1.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here's my (non-binding) +1
>
> Regards
>
> Martyn

Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
[hidden email] | www.redhat.com
twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC2)

christopher.l.shannon
+1 (non-binding)

Built from source
Deployed and ran the broker from the binary on CentOS
Ran several different examples

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 11:35 AM, Timothy Bish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Built from source ran tests
> Checked signature and sums
> Ran a broker from the binary
> Reviewed the license and notices files for source and binary.
> Did a quick review of random documentation files.
> Ran a simple OpenWire sender / receiver example
> Ran a simple AMQP sender / receiver example
>
> On 09/08/2015 02:30 PM, Martyn Taylor wrote:
> > Hello all.
> >
> > I've cut a second release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.1.0 addressing
> > initial RC feedback.
> >
> > Since 1.0.0 a number of significant improvements have been made,
> > mainly around OpenWire protocol support, where a number of bugs have
> > been fixed and significant enhancements to performance have been
> > made.  The examples have also been restructured to make them more user
> > friendly, and lastly, MQTT protocol support has been added.
> >
> > The release notes can be found here:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12332642
> >

> > The binary distributions can be found here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1066/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/
> >

> > The source archives can be found here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1066/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/
> >

> > The Maven repository is here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1066/
> >

> > The source tag:
> >
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.1.0
> >

> > The project website for that version has been staged to:
> > http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/
> >
> > The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
> >
> > [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.1.0
> > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> >
> > Here's my (non-binding) +1
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Martyn
> >

> --
> Tim Bish
> Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
> [hidden email] | www.redhat.com
> twitter: @tabish121
> blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC2)

Claus Ibsen
+1 (binding)

Just checked a bit about the licenses and the JARs.

Only odd was the jms 2.0 spec JAR is -alpha-2, but it seems that is
the last release. I have no clue why its named alpha when the JMS 2.0
spec is final.

http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22org.apache.geronimo.specs%22%20AND%20a%3A%22geronimo-jms_2.0_spec%22

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Camel in Action 2nd edition:
https://www.manning.com/books/camel-in-action-second-edition

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC2)

dejanb
+1 (binding)

Ran some OpenWire and MQTT examples from 5.x distro. Everything looks good.

Dejan Bosanac
about.me/dejanb

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 9:05 AM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> Just checked a bit about the licenses and the JARs.
>
> Only odd was the jms 2.0 spec JAR is -alpha-2, but it seems that is
> the last release. I have no clue why its named alpha when the JMS 2.0
> spec is final.
>

> http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22org.apache.geronimo.specs%22%20AND%20a%3A%22geronimo-jms_2.0_spec%22
>

> On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 8:30 PM, Martyn Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello all.
> >
> > I've cut a second release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.1.0 addressing
> > initial RC feedback.
> >
> > Since 1.0.0 a number of significant improvements have been made, mainly
> > around OpenWire protocol support, where a number of bugs have been fixed
> and
> > significant enhancements to performance have been made.  The examples
> have
> > also been restructured to make them more user friendly, and lastly, MQTT
> > protocol support has been added.
> >
> > The release notes can be found here:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12332642
> >
> > The binary distributions can be found here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1066/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/
> >
> > The source archives can be found here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1066/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/
> >
> > The Maven repository is here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1066/
> >
> > The source tag:
> >
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.1.0
> >
> > The project website for that version has been staged to:
> > http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/
> >
> > The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
> >
> > [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.1.0
> > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> >
> > Here's my (non-binding) +1
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Martyn
>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> Camel in Action 2nd edition:
> https://www.manning.com/books/camel-in-action-second-edition

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC2)

andytaylor
-1 from me, a deadlock has been introduced into serverlocator which is
pretty reproducible. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-222

Andy

On 11/09/15 10:36, Dejan Bosanac wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> Ran some OpenWire and MQTT examples from 5.x distro. Everything looks good.
>
> Regards
> --
> Dejan Bosanac
> about.me/dejanb
>
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 9:05 AM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> +1 (binding)
>>
>> Just checked a bit about the licenses and the JARs.
>>
>> Only odd was the jms 2.0 spec JAR is -alpha-2, but it seems that is
>> the last release. I have no clue why its named alpha when the JMS 2.0
>> spec is final.
>>

>> http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22org.apache.geronimo.specs%22%20AND%20a%3A%22geronimo-jms_2.0_spec%22
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 8:30 PM, Martyn Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello all.
>>>
>>> I've cut a second release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.1.0 addressing
>>> initial RC feedback.
>>>
>>> Since 1.0.0 a number of significant improvements have been made, mainly
>>> around OpenWire protocol support, where a number of bugs have been fixed
>> and
>>> significant enhancements to performance have been made.  The examples
>> have
>>> also been restructured to make them more user friendly, and lastly, MQTT
>>> protocol support has been added.
>>>
>>> The release notes can be found here:
>>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12332642
>>>
>>> The binary distributions can be found here:
>>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1066/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/
>>>
>>> The source archives can be found here:
>>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1066/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.1.0/
>>>
>>> The Maven repository is here:
>>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1066/
>>>
>>> The source tag:
>>>
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.1.0
>>>
>>> The project website for that version has been staged to:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/
>>>
>>> The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.1.0
>>> [ ] +0 no opinion
>>> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>>>
>>> Here's my (non-binding) +1
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Martyn
>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
>> Camel in Action 2nd edition:
>> https://www.manning.com/books/camel-in-action-second-edition

[CANCEL][VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.1.0 (RC2)

Martyn Taylor
Given that this is raised as criticial and we now have a fix on master.
I am cancelling the release and will cut a new RC with the appropriate fix.

Thanks all