I tested out the src+bin tar.gz archives:
- Verified the sigs
- Checked that the license/notice files are present and look ok.
- Built the src archive, ran the tests from the fast-tests profile.
- Followed the README in the binary archive to configure and start the broker.
- Browsed the docs on the embedded webserver.
- Added a 'JMS queue' using the JMX management interface.
- Kicked the tyres using an AMQP client by sending+receiving a message
from the queue.
I also gave the website a quick browse and things seemed good there.