[VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.0.0 (RC3)

Martyn Taylor
Hello all.

I've cut a third release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.0.0, addressing
the RC2 feedback from community members.

This is a first release of the Artemis project with protocol support for
AMQP, STOMP, CORE, HORNETQ and OPENWIRE (alpha).

N.B. The OpenWire implementation is at alpha with support for ActiveMQ
JMS clients and basic transport.  More advanced features will be added
progressively over the next series of releases.

The release notes can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12328953

The binary distributions can be found here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.0.0/

The source archives can be found here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.0.0/

The Maven repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/

The source tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.0.0

The project website for that version has been staged to:
http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/

The vote will remain open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.0.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my (non-binding) +1

Regards
Martyn

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.0.0 (RC3)

chirino
+1

--
Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.0.0 (RC3)

jgomes
What is the current status of ARTEMIS-106? It's still marked as unresolved.

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 9:39 AM Martyn Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I've cut a third release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.0.0, addressing
> the RC2 feedback from community members.
>
> This is a first release of the Artemis project with protocol support for
> AMQP, STOMP, CORE, HORNETQ and OPENWIRE (alpha).
>
> N.B. The OpenWire implementation is at alpha with support for ActiveMQ
> JMS clients and basic transport.  More advanced features will be added
> progressively over the next series of releases.
>

> The release notes can be found here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12328953
>

> The binary distributions can be found here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.0.0/
>

> The source archives can be found here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.0.0/
>

> The Maven repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/
>
> The source tag:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.0.0
>

> The project website for that version has been staged to:
> http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/
>
> The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.0.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here's my (non-binding) +1
>
> Regards
> Martyn

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.0.0 (RC3)

clebertsuconic
I will close it as solved:

Martyn forgot to close it

http://community.jboss.org/people/clebert.suconic@...
http://clebertsuconic.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.0.0 (RC3)

Martyn Taylor
Yes.  Resolved, though the PRs have now disappeared due to the repo
rename.  The relevant commits are:

commit f14b3353f46859dcaa8af3dc10621662214a4f68
commit 2de3bfa9f1e7ebdc01c4726d8345da2b2839589f

Thanks
Martyn

On 21 May 2015 at 17:38, Martyn Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I've cut a third release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.0.0, addressing the
> RC2 feedback from community members.
>
> This is a first release of the Artemis project with protocol support for
> AMQP, STOMP, CORE, HORNETQ and OPENWIRE (alpha).
>
> N.B. The OpenWire implementation is at alpha with support for ActiveMQ JMS
> clients and basic transport.  More advanced features will be added
> progressively over the next series of releases.
>

> The release notes can be found here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12328953
>
> The binary distributions can be found here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.0.0/
>
> The source archives can be found here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.0.0/
>
> The Maven repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/
>
> The source tag:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.0.0
>
> The project website for that version has been staged to:
> http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/
>
> The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.0.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here's my (non-binding) +1
>
> Regards
> Martyn

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.0.0 (RC3)

gaohoward
+1

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 8:04 PM, Gary Tully <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> On 21 May 2015 at 17:38, Martyn Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello all.
> >
> > I've cut a third release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.0.0, addressing
> the
> > RC2 feedback from community members.
> >
> > This is a first release of the Artemis project with protocol support for
> > AMQP, STOMP, CORE, HORNETQ and OPENWIRE (alpha).
> >
> > N.B. The OpenWire implementation is at alpha with support for ActiveMQ
> JMS
> > clients and basic transport.  More advanced features will be added
> > progressively over the next series of releases.
> >

> > The release notes can be found here:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12328953
> >
> > The binary distributions can be found here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.0.0/
> >
> > The source archives can be found here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.0.0/
> >
> > The Maven repository is here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/
> >
> > The source tag:
> >
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.0.0
> >
> > The project website for that version has been staged to:
> > http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/
> >
> > The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
> >
> > [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.0.0
> > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> >
> > Here's my (non-binding) +1
> >
> > Regards
> > Martyn

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.0.0 (RC3)

Robbie Gemmell
+1 (non-binding)

I tested out the src+bin tar.gz archives:
- Verified the sigs
- Checked that the license/notice files are present and look ok.
- Built the src archive, ran the tests from the fast-tests profile.
- Followed the README in the binary archive to configure and start the broker.
- Browsed the docs on the embedded webserver.
- Added a 'JMS queue' using the JMX management interface.
- Kicked the tyres using an AMQP client by sending+receiving a message
from the queue.

I also gave the website a quick browse and things seemed good there.

Robbie

On 05/21/2015 12:38 PM, Martyn Taylor wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I've cut a third release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.0.0, addressing
> the RC2 feedback from community members.
>
> This is a first release of the Artemis project with protocol support
> for AMQP, STOMP, CORE, HORNETQ and OPENWIRE (alpha).
>
> N.B. The OpenWire implementation is at alpha with support for ActiveMQ
> JMS clients and basic transport.  More advanced features will be added
> progressively over the next series of releases.
>

> The release notes can be found here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12328953
>

> The binary distributions can be found here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.0.0/
>

> The source archives can be found here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.0.0/
>

> The Maven repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/
>

> The source tag:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.0.0
>

> The project website for that version has been staged to:
> http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/
>
> The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.0.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here's my (non-binding) +1
>
> Regards
> Martyn

Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
[hidden email] | www.redhat.com
twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.0.0 (RC3)

dejanb
+1

Dejan Bosanac
----------------------
Red Hat, Inc.
[hidden email]
Twitter: @dejanb
Blog: http://sensatic.net

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 8:28 PM, Timothy Bish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> On 05/21/2015 12:38 PM, Martyn Taylor wrote:
> > Hello all.
> >
> > I've cut a third release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.0.0, addressing
> > the RC2 feedback from community members.
> >
> > This is a first release of the Artemis project with protocol support
> > for AMQP, STOMP, CORE, HORNETQ and OPENWIRE (alpha).
> >
> > N.B. The OpenWire implementation is at alpha with support for ActiveMQ
> > JMS clients and basic transport.  More advanced features will be added
> > progressively over the next series of releases.
> >

> > The release notes can be found here:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12328953
> >

> > The binary distributions can be found here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.0.0/
> >

> > The source archives can be found here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.0.0/
> >

> > The Maven repository is here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/
> >

> > The source tag:
> >
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.0.0
> >

> > The project website for that version has been staged to:
> > http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/
> >
> > The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
> >
> > [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.0.0
> > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> >
> > Here's my (non-binding) +1
> >
> > Regards
> > Martyn
> >

> --
> Tim Bish
> Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
> [hidden email] | www.redhat.com
> twitter: @tabish121
> blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.0.0 (RC3)

andytaylor
+1 (non binding)

downloaded source and binaries.
built from source.
created a clustered config and did some testing with it.
sent a message to queue and consumed.
quick scan of the docs and web site.

On 21/05/15 17:38, Martyn Taylor wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I've cut a third release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.0.0, addressing
> the RC2 feedback from community members.
>
> This is a first release of the Artemis project with protocol support for
> AMQP, STOMP, CORE, HORNETQ and OPENWIRE (alpha).
>
> N.B. The OpenWire implementation is at alpha with support for ActiveMQ
> JMS clients and basic transport.  More advanced features will be added
> progressively over the next series of releases.
>

> The release notes can be found here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12328953
>

> The binary distributions can be found here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.0.0/
>

> The source archives can be found here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.0.0/
>

> The Maven repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/
>
> The source tag:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.0.0
>

> The project website for that version has been staged to:
> http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/
>
> The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.0.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here's my (non-binding) +1
>
> Regards
> Martyn

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.0.0 (RC3)

clebertsuconic
+1 (non binding)

I also did a lot of testing on clustering, with the addition of
failover, using configurations from the create command.

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 4:25 AM, Andy Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (non binding)
>
> downloaded source and binaries.
> built from source.
> created a clustered config and did some testing with it.
> sent a message to queue and consumed.
> quick scan of the docs and web site.
>

> On 21/05/15 17:38, Martyn Taylor wrote:
>>
>> Hello all.
>>
>> I've cut a third release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.0.0, addressing
>> the RC2 feedback from community members.
>>
>> This is a first release of the Artemis project with protocol support for
>> AMQP, STOMP, CORE, HORNETQ and OPENWIRE (alpha).
>>
>> N.B. The OpenWire implementation is at alpha with support for ActiveMQ
>> JMS clients and basic transport.  More advanced features will be added
>> progressively over the next series of releases.
>>

>> The release notes can be found here:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12328953
>>

>> The binary distributions can be found here:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.0.0/
>>

>> The source archives can be found here:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.0.0/
>>

>> The Maven repository is here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/
>>
>> The source tag:
>>
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.0.0
>>

>> The project website for that version has been staged to:
>> http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/
>>
>> The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
>>
>> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.0.0
>> [ ] +0 no opinion
>> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> Here's my (non-binding) +1
>>
>> Regards